M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2007 m109r le, i got it last year, it has cobra pipes and i found out yesterday that it also has a dyno jet power comander III. i have no usb plugs or anything for this unit but there are 3 buttons on the bottom of the comander one is low, one is med, and one is high. when i had the bike at idle it showed a green led on the left side, and when i gave it a little gas the leds whent up 3 or 4 spots, i was told that if you get all green leds then the bike is set up correct, but if you see red ment it wasnt. my question is what rpm do i need to reach to make sure that its set correct. and how and what should i do with the buttons on the bottom. i dont know what it is set at now, and dont know how to tell.
if anyone out there can shed smoe light my way it would be great.:dontknow:

·
Registered
838 Posts
you can go to a shop and get it dyno'd. or if you are able to find someone with the same set up as you on here they can send you the info they have. Not sure how that part works.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I have the PC III with cabling. You can buy the cabling pretty cheap and the software is a free download. I had min Dyno'd on the first set of pipes but have not on this set yet. A member sent me his map with the same setup until I get it done.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Regarding your power commander. Several questions. Was the bike running ok when you bought it? A power commander that is not set up properly will cause your bike to stall, sputter, hesitate, some deceleration popping is normal but it should not be misfiring. Secondly have you started messing with the buttons on the pcIII? It pays to do some research and reading before you start toying with electronics. The green led's are for your throttle. If you rev the bike up a few times you will see the led's go up and down depending on your throttle position. (ex. Half throttle, led should be around in the middle). If the bike was running ok what made you start toying with it?
Whoever told you about the lights being all green doesn't know what they're talking about or you interpreted wrong. Think of the green led as your rpm gauge but for your throttle position. You need to set up the powercommander with a computer not with those buttons.

If you want to check the unit out and have access to a laptop, i suggest visiting the power commander website,http://www.powercommander.com/power...ntParts/powercommander_replacement_parts.aspx you can buy a usb cable and CD with the software for the unit for about eight dollars. Order the usb cable and cd. Install the software, plug your laptop into the bike via your powercommander and it will show you what map is installed. I'm sure the owner of the bike had this done previously but if the bike isn't running right 15-20$ isn't a bad investment. I would suggest if you haven't played with the buttons yet and the bike is running good then leave it.

Loading map's and playing around with the software is fairly easy if your ok on computers. If you feel comfortable doing this yourself then order the parts off that site, it's a good idea to have them or ask the fella that you bought the bike off if he still has them.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
you don't want to just start pressing the buttons on the PCIII and guessing at what setting it will be at. the PCIII is really intended to be used with software that can be downloaded onto your computer and either directly downloaded with a USB cable or with the battery kit that comes with it. however, since you don't have the items that it normally came with, then perhaps you should contact dynojet.com and inquire and see if they can send you some. if not, i think i have an extra set of the USB cable that you will need. do you have a laptop? if so, that is the easiest way to download maps onto the PCIII.
since you don't know what the PCIII was set at, and if you have pushed any of the buttons since discovering it, the best thing to do would be to install a stock bike map and go from there or if you can find a map that is close to what you have on the bike that would be better.
i have about 3 dozen maps from a few of my friends that own 9's and have given them to me in order to pass on to fellow 9 riders out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
PCIII Map

Hi All.. I'm looking for a map that will work better than the one I have from PC website. I have Arlen Ness Big Air kit and have Hardkrome 2-1 exhaust.
Thanks for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts