M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Milage & Power Comander 3 with Vance & Hines ?

Ok so I just got a 2007 m109r with the power commander 3 and a Vance & Hines big shots installed. I think its not set up right. First off I know nothing about the pc3. But Im hopeing someone else has the same set up and can give me some tips.

The reason i think its not right is I smell raw gas all the time. The bike seems to be running ok but my first tank of gas only got me about 120k. Or is this all normal?

And yes I will RTFM the manual. But any pointers would be helpful as the manual can only give you so much info.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
from what I found on the forums you guys are getting about 150Miles from one tank of fuel. 150mpg converted to killometers is 240k. I currently only get 120k to a tank so I must be running rich. I get a fair amout of poping on decelleration and it is slugish for a bit on the power.

I will (RTFM) read the manual and figure it out. But I just thought maybe someone eles had the same issue and could share thier findings.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Go to dynojet's site and download a map that comes closest to your setup.

That should be a good start for you but having it dynotuned will get you a custom map for your bike.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Right now I don't have my PC III hooked up but I am getting at least 240 km to a tank and that's riding HARD!!!! you should be getting a bit more from it. Try getting a new map for it. Is there an intake mod done? If not, just disconnect your PC III.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Holy hells! I'm running de-baffled Cobra Dragsters and I thrash the bike quite hard but I still pull about 220km from a tank. 120 Is insane!

I'd also look at pulling a different map. That bike's running seriously rich.

As for the popping on decel, that's pretty normal. The stock pipes mask the pops a lot better than aftermarket pipes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts