M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YAY !!!School is on break and I'm gonna get some time to earn more money for my project. I'm looking into powder coating the rims as well as a few other things. can someone tell me the pros and cons of powder coating? Do i need to have them clear coated to prevent fading down the road? ???:pop::pop: Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
YAY !!!School is on break and I'm gonna get some time to earn more money for my project. I'm looking into powder coating the rims as well as a few other things. can someone tell me the pros and cons of powder coating? Do i need to have them clear coated to prevent fading down the road? ???:pop::pop: Thanks again for the info.
powder coating is plastic coating .... treat your powder coated parts ike you would the plastic on your bike and you should be fine ...

It will fade however by the time it is an issue you will have sold or out grown your bike ...

Powder coating overall is a good option for coloring many parts on your bike ... two part epoxy based paints can be customized better and can be harder and more durable however.

You may want a mix of anodizing , painting and powdercoating....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts