M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tommorrow I start my front end project ,finishing the blackout process. I have the option to powder coat or anodize the front forks will powder coating add too much too the diameter of the forks so that it scratches as it goes thru the triple trees or should I just anodize them

thanks for the input

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
love the direction and the colors..... not sure which is better tho. Sorry, cant wait to see her done!!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Powdercoating will add to the diameter enough that you will scratch it going through the lower tree. They slide right in the upper. What you can do is spread the hole just a little by prying the slot open just a little and putting something in to wedge it open while you carefully slide the fork through. Then when you have the fork in place snug the top clamp and remove your wedge. This worked for me. Just remember to do the same if you disassemble them. Hope the helps.

Its good to see that you Just Say No to Chrome!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
forks

well I will give the powder coating a go thanks for the help will post some pics when done

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you have to disassemble the forks down to just the tubes to have them powder coated? How much will it cost you to have the forks coated? I'm looking at doing the same thing

·
Registered
973 Posts
Personally I would go anodized, it is much harder than powdercoat and will take abrasion from road debris much better :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Do you have to disassemble the forks down to just the tubes to have them powder coated? How much will it cost you to have the forks coated? I'm looking at doing the same thing
Yes you will have to disassemble everything. They get baked at 400+ degrees.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
forks

As stated above you do have to take the inner tubes and seals out they would melt, cost should be around 50.00 a piece.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts