M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I hope you all had a wonderful holidays sorrounded by your loved ones.

So yeah, is pothole season here :dontknow:

in less than 2 months I have lost 2 car tires to them and now a mishap with the bike.

I felt on one yesterday, it dented the side of lower frame, but I kept riding because it seems stable and I was close to home. Almost getting there, oil lights started flashing.

I wait for the bike to cool while sitting upright on its stand, then checked the oil level. It was fine, there was some oil spots on the pan but it was dripping from a plug that was damaged by over tighten it long ago. In any case I added half a bottle just in case and left a paper underneat to check if it dripped something over night.

I rode this morning to working, no light the first 20 minutes of commuting. Then it started, flashing first with long pauses in between then flashing a bit more steady.

I did some research in the forum before posting and my conclusion is that the cable to the sensor might be damaged, but wanted to ask about it just in case.

Thanks for your replies

Best Regards!
Dan

· Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something broke inside or got loose between the cylinders.

Every time the bike is warm enough the light comes on and start leaking from here, Al thought uphill, the light turns off?

I changed that tube and the ring a couple of years ago, but the leak seems to be coming from above that point.

Automotive tire Reptile Scaled reptile Wood Grey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.