M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - came across this excellent forum while trying to research the M109. I have already learned quite a bit about the bike. Here is my situation/hesitation:

So far up to this point I have only owned/rode sportbikes (crotch rockets). I guess I'm looking for something new, don't really want to go back to a rocket. It's been 4 years since I've owned a bike now. Having never rode a cruiser style bike before - my main concern is am I going to be happy with this bike? I'm not looking for the adrenalin rush sport bikes can bring (been there, done that). I want something I can be comfortable on and still have fun. The bike I'm looking at is 4 hours away so I can't test-drive it before buying.
Being a larger bike is it hard to maneauver in-town situations? I'm 5'11" 210 lbs fyi.
I sat on a C109 at the local motorcycle store in town here. I thought it was going to feel much heavier but I was surprised at how easy it was to pick it up off the kickstand.

The bike I'm looking at could be mine this weekend. The financing is approved, I just haven't called the guy yet to arrange final details. It is a pearl white 2007 with approx. 8,000 miles. He bought the bike brand new so is the single owner. Garaged always. Not a spot on it anywhere! Very clean from what I can see in the pictures. All stock except for removed badges and drilled exhaust I believe. Is there anything I should look out for before purchasing?

Thanks in advance for your thought/opinions. Look forward to your replies and hopefully becoming a 9 rider myself!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
You will find that there is quite a number of us that have come from rockets. There are a few that have gone back, but far more that are happy with the decision to buy the 109.
IMHO if you are wanting a cruiser that still has the power to play, this is the bike for you.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I've been on cruisers for quite a few years now but a good riding buddy of mine was riding sport bikes up till 2 years ago and thought he wanted to go cruiser.

He liked the look of mine so went with a Victory Hammer which is similar in styling but a lot more money, rode it for a season and a half then sold it to get a ZX14, I thought Cruisers weren't for him.

We went riding about 3 weeks ago and he tells me if he would of bought a 9, he'd still be riding it, he LOVES riding my bike, in fact he has been on the look out for an orange one just like mine... copycatting bastard!! :D :joke:

I don't think you'd be disappointed one little bit!! :bigthumbsup: and :welcome:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hink - thanks for those links! Lots of good reading in there - its good to know that there are a lot of sportbike riders that are completely happy with the 9.

And thanks to everyone else also with your replies - I just called the bank and told him I need the money! :bigthumbsup:

Here is a pic (sorry so big):

·
Registered
63 Posts
Coming from sportbikes myself...I think you will be pleased with this bike. It has the eye candy look but will still make your blood pump! I lots of mods waiting to happen on this bike!! :p
:welcome:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
SWFIRE, You will be happy, It has the speed of a sportbike but the comfort of a cruiser!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
:welcome:
White is a beautiful look! Packer Backer and Doberman have beautiful whites that can draw a LOT of attention!
Handling tight parking lot space is a little more effort but the pay off having such an incredible machine is well worth it.
You will get stopped for questions all the time. Its good for the ego :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
I think the 109 is the perfect bike for someone wanting to move away from sport bikes. :bigthumbsup: Go for it!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I too just recently bought a used 9 and it truly is an amazing machine. I have never once lamented over buying it, because it is so worth the money. You will love it, congrats!

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
I'm picking up a new 08 sat, can't wait. That white one you're buying is beautiful

This is my current bike which I'll be keeping
02 Honda Sabre 1100

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Hink - thanks for those links! Lots of good reading in there - its good to know that there are a lot of sportbike riders that are completely happy with the 9.

And thanks to everyone else also with your replies - I just called the bank and told him I need the money! :bigthumbsup:
Welcome to the forum and :congrats: on your decision to buy a 9! You won't regret it!! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

I'm picking up a new 08 sat, can't wait. That white one you're buying is beautiful

This is my current bike which I'll be keeping
02 Honda Sabre 1100
Hey Bernie, :welcome: to the forum!! As I was scrolling down in this thread, I saw the picture and got confused for a second...I was thinking "hey, that's MY picture of Bernie's bike...who the heck is this guy posting it??!!"! I had no idea you'd already signed up and were posting here, LOL! :doh:

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
If you are looking for a cruiser this is it. You will be sick if you get something else especially if a 109 pulls up next to you at a light.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Do it!! You wont be sorry. It IS a fun bike! Definitely will still put a smile on your face (And everyone standing around it!!) :welcome: :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,852 Posts
:welcome: to the forum bro! I can't say more than what has been said about you not being disappointed in it.

I never cared for white motorcycles until I saw the white 109's. It looks so much better in person than it does in pictures, with the pearlescent paint they use. It's really a good looking bike. Not quite as good as RED, but close. :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts