M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

This is the first time I have posted on this site and I am going crazy waiting for all this stuff.
I just went down the I-5 through Washington State and the wind and bugs sucked. Or rather I ate a few!

Any way I have spent today Modifying a Memphis Wind screen to fit my bike. All I need now is the 1.25" handle bar mounting brackets. While looking for the Brackets I found this windscreen from National Cycle. perhaps it will fit just fine. I am ordering the Hardware kit to mount on the handle bars for my version.

I am also wanting to take out the stock baffles but the bike still sounds a bit funny based on the sound bite I heard.

Any way

OH by the way Wind Vest will not be making this windshield for a while I just got an email from them today.

Here it what they said:

Subject: Suzuki M109R
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 14:38:22 -0700

Hello Alan,

WindVest does not currently have a model to fit the Suzuki M109R. This is a very complex application to design a windshield for. It is a new model motorcycle and we are waiting to see the response of individuals/dealers to gauge the popularity of the bike. At some later date we can make a decision to perhaps move forward in creating a WindVest for this bike. You are welcome to check back with us anytime to see if there has been any progress.
Thank you for your interest in our product
Have a good day!

Tami L. Dober
WindVest Motorcycle Products
408-377-7323
877-370-7326 toll free

Ride Safe!!

Alan

·
Registered
898 Posts
pffft... *this is a very complex application* .... what a bunch of goobers....why don't they just say "hey we are gonna wait and make sure we can make a kabillion dollars on it before we decide to get off our duffs.... bs

khrome

·
Registered
817 Posts
Moegilly said:
This is a very complex application to design a windshield for.Â
IT'S A HANDELBAR AND TWO FORKS. Please someone tell me what is so complex about this.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Somebody should tell them that you "snooze you loose" They are waiting to see if the bike is popular.Talk about closing the barn door after the Horse has left the building. ;) ::) :eek: :a20: :realmad:

·
Registered
600 Posts
I think the problem is the headlight nacelle. With any other wind screen, they just make it to fit a 7" or 8" headlight. With ours, they're gonna have to sell it only to M109R owners (if they make a nice one to fit the bike perfectly) and don't want a couple thousand of them sitting in the warehouse if they end up being not popular with us. I think the onus is on Suzuki to follow up their one-of-a-kind styling with a wind screen that will compliment the headlight assembly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts