M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I love everything about this bike besides the forward foot controls and am wondering if it is not too hard of a task to install mid controls.
I am nothing close to a bike part professional and only know how to ride so I would need to have one of my local shops nearby change the controls for me… what does everyone think the probability is of them being able to do it? Is it something that you can only do by yourself (like a DIY project)?

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
I know I've seen some Nines (1800's over there) out of Europe with mid controls. Maybe it's possible that there are some kits available over in that part of the world?

Reactions: Harricor1

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,609 Posts
I've only seen a couple that have done it and they were custom made by the owners. I have no idea how you would do it or how hard it would be. I've looked at mine and making a bracket for the pegs wouldn't be super hard, but moving the shifter and brake back would be difficult. Shifter probably not as much as the brake since you have to move the master cylinder for the brake too.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I understand your want to move the foot pegs back. When I first rode a bike with forward controls I found them awkward and almost dangerous. However, after riding the Nine and a couple other bikes with forward controls, I don't mind them. In fact they allow me to stretch my long legs. Years ago I taught Motorcycle Learn to Ride programs and some of the bikes supplied by the program had forward controls. I thought they were inappropriate for beginner riders. Getting their feet from the ground to the forward pegs and then back to the ground was disconcerting for some students.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts