M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey group, I have 2007 M109R Limited I bought new. Last year I had a stint where I didn't ride the bike at all for about 6 months. It just sat there on the battery tender. I have been riding it now more frequently but have noticed that when it is cold (engine, not weather) it stutters and feels like it is missing. This continues for the next 10 miles or so and then seems to fade away and feel like my normal bike. I never noticed this issue before until recently when I got back in the saddle. The bike does have a few years on it but only 13K miles. Could this be bad fuel injectors? Possibly partially clogged? Does that store bought fuel injector cleaner gas additive really do anything? Any insight would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My belief (because that's all it really is) is that fuel system cleaners do very little to clean a dirty system, but probably help a clean system stay clean.
I go back and forth between seafoam and Techron. If you research which type is rated the highest by reviewers, it's usually Techron.
So for $10 you should get enough of either (one bottle) for three full tanks on your nine. I would go for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My belief (because that's all it really is) is that fuel system cleaners do very little to clean a dirty system, but probably help a clean system stay clean.
I go back and forth between seafoam and Techron. If you research which type is rated the highest by reviewers, it's usually Techron.
So for $10 you should get enough of either (one bottle) for three full tanks on your nine. I would go for it.
Thanks, I am willing to try anything at this point.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello bunch, I have 2007 M109R Restricted I purchased new. Last year I had a spell where I didn't ride the bicycle by any means for around a half year. It just stayed there on the battery delicate. I have been riding it currently more often however have seen that when it is cold (motor, not climate) it falters and feels like it is absent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts