M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if this even exists? I have gone everywhere locally and employed Google but cannot find one. All of the ones I find plug into a 12v socket. I am looking for one that can be re-charged so that I can take it on the road and not have to worry about plugging it in.

Digital PSI readout is a plus but at this point I just want a battery operated pump. I have a car booster that has pump built in but can't just throw that into my backpack when going on trips on the bike, a bit heavy for that.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Daniel

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
Why not just add a 12 volt socket on your bike? That way you can use it for other items also. :dontknow:

·
Registered
474 Posts
You could always make your own. Wire up some rechargeable NiCd or NiMh batteries and cut off the 12V plug and replace with a connector. We use lithium polymer batteries in my RC heli's and they are great, with almost zero loss, but you need a special charger for those. NiCd and NiMh are safer too.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Yes they do make one but it is cumbersome. I have one that I carry to pump up my team's soccer balls. You would need a saddle bag or something like that to carry it. I would add the socket on your bike to make a compact pump. Good luck

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Anyone know if this even exists? I have gone everywhere locally and employed Google but cannot find one. All of the ones I find plug into a 12v socket. I am looking for one that can be re-charged so that I can take it on the road and not have to worry about plugging it in.

Digital PSI readout is a plus but at this point I just want a battery operated pump. I have a car booster that has pump built in but can't just throw that into my backpack when going on trips on the bike, a bit heavy for that.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Daniel
For flat repair? If so, the CO2 bottles take up far less space and are way faster than any tiny compressor. I carry 2 and a small hand pump in my 3"x3"x9" hidden compartment. I just pull into a gas station for any other inflation needs

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine clamps to the battery posts and is fairly compact. I can easily carry it in a back pack or small saddle bags.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I got mine from Walmart. I think it was the slime brand. Nomatter, get the smallest with the most psi output. I haven't had to use it on my bike yet but so far I have used it on my truck three times now, gotta get that slow leak fixed today!

It airs up the tire to 40 psi with the truck running ( 12v ) in about 10 -15 minutes. Works great, glad I got it. That and a plug kit and your set. Fits in a small place on your bike ( about the size of a kids lunch box ) and you will thank yourself if you ever find yourself out on the road with no spare ( on a bike? ).

We pulled into a place to eat while riding one day, went in to get something to eat, got to chatting with some other riders when a couple of guys walk in asking if anyone had a way to fix a flat on a bike. None of use had a pump, couldn't help him with that but one of us gave them his plug kit. He told us where they were, they would come back to return it but just in case we finished first we knew where they where.

We finished eating, went out to where they were and sure enough they were still there. The plug kit and no way to put air in the tire was not going to get them on the road. A trooper was there when we rode up, he had a friend that had a trailer that was now on the way. So far its been at least a couple of hours since he had his flat.

Carry a plug kit, portable 12 volt (battery) air compressor and some ether to set the bead if it brakes loose. I know its kinda of pain to carry anything but on a long trip your gonna thank yourself for going to the trouble. You can also get the group your riding with to share in the who carries what ( emergency supplies ) so no one person has to sacrifice what they take on the ride.

For those of use that also ride alone, get a barrel bag and tie it down to the passenger seat. I would rather have to run into walmart and buy a change of cloths than sit on my bike waiting for someone to bring a trailer or some way to fix a flat.

You ride long enough or with enough guys ( number of riders times accumulated miles = something will need repair ) and you are gonna need a trailer if not prepared.

Have Fun

:D

:super:

·
Registered
169 Posts
12 volt adapter

go to the kuryakyn web site and check out the 12 volt power source part number ky-1423. Then you can plug a compressor, gps or any other 12 volt accessory you might have. It's all chrome and mounts to your handle bar. I just ordered one.

·
Registered
214 Posts
go to the kuryakyn web site and check out the 12 volt power source part number ky-1423. Then you can plug a compressor, gps or any other 12 volt accessory you might have. It's all chrome and mounts to your handle bar. I just ordered one.
ooohhhhhh, ok,

I misunderstood the post by Packer.

I looked at the link he provided and the at the video about the dynaplug and couldn't figure out why you needed 12volts to use the device, I thought 'whats it do, heat up the plug'?

:doh:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Just get an air ride and run a line off the manifold for a tire inflation hose.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I use one I got from Harbor Fright. It uses co2 cartriges. Small, compact.2 small cartriges can fill a tire. I carry 5. Takes up no more room than 3x5 in.Slime alse makes a battery powerd one that is very small and is found at Wal- Mart.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I use one I got from Harbor Fright. It uses co2 cartriges. Small, compact.2 small cartriges can fill a tire. I carry 5. Takes up no more room than 3x5 in.Slime alse makes a battery powerd one that is very small and is found at Wal- Mart.
Do you think five would be enough? Not playing just asking, I would like to make shure I can fix both tires twice, sometimes you can flub it up and then you really wanna **** yourself in the behind. Are they expensive and I guess it also comes as a kit. I have the wal-mart compressor, been real happy with the results.

:doorag:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Do you think five would be enough? Not playing just asking, I would like to make shure I can fix both tires twice, sometimes you can flub it up and then you really wanna **** yourself in the behind. Are they expensive and I guess it also comes as a kit. I have the wal-mart compressor, been real happy with the results.

I get being prepared and even being over prepared,

BUT

Do you really expect to ever need to fix both tires twice before you can get to a gas station with an air pump?

Where are you riding? A desert of nails?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I get being prepared and even being over prepared,

BUT

Do you really expect to ever need to fix both tires twice before you can get to a gas station with an air pump?

Where are you riding? A desert of nails?
Not quite, but a did take a dirt road once I wished I had never found.

Being over prepared is just plain being paranoid, the more carrying room you have the more junk you carry.

I know your right but then again why do we carry insurance on everything we own?

The odds are in our favor ..... or the insurance company, depends on how you look at it. They aren't dummies, we make-em rich, but all it takes is one time and we wanna prepare for a lightning strike.

I think John Wayne said it best,

" You cant know everything thats coming, just carry a bottle of feel good and wait for the cavalry"

Actually he didn't say that but if he had owned a bike that might have been his motto.

:super:

·
Registered
83 Posts

5 might not fix your tires twice.The co2 is cheap. You can probably get everything for less than $40.00.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts