M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i just installed a set of turna dump pipes and a power commander v on the 2016 m109r. i haven't installed a servo buddy yet but have one on the way. i am getting a lot of popping and backfire sounds on deceleration. especially in higher gears. question is are the headers just not bolted on tight enough? would the fi issue with no servo buddy be causing the issue? or could the tune be wrong? they loaded a map on the pcv for this pipe. i should have the servo buddy waiting for me when i get home (travel for work). they sound great and there is a big seat of pants power difference.
this is a video of someone else's pipes in case you dont know which pipes im talking about. they

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
If you dont have an exhaust leak, can check with blowing smoke around the header pipes. Sounds like you need to do the PAIR mod. Ill see if I can find the How-To and post it for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Hi guys, i just installed a set of turna dump pipes and a power commander v on the 2016 m109r. i haven't installed a servo buddy yet but have one on the way. i am getting a lot of popping and backfire sounds on deceleration. especially in higher gears. question is are the headers just not bolted on tight enough? would the fi issue with no servo buddy be causing the issue? or could the tune be wrong? they loaded a map on the pcv for this pipe. i should have the servo buddy waiting for me when i get home (travel for work). they sound great and there is a big seat of pants power difference.
this is a video of someone else's pipes in case you dont know which pipes im talking about. they

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Not familiar with the PC V. But I thought the autotune feature would fix your issue also? Not sure if your is auto tune?

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Not familiar with the PC V. But I thought the autotune feature would fix your issue also? Not sure if your is auto tune?

Auto tune is a second add on device. You can install a PCV with or without the second box (auto tune).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
dont have the auto tune, i took it to my local dealer today to have the 260 vee monster tire put on and had them check the pipes said i didn't have a leak but that the short pipes are causing all the piping. thanks for the link to the Pair mod. i will read up on it and see if i need to do it. I dont have the auto tune but im wondering if a dyno tune would sort this all out without doing the other mod. its not to bad other than an occasional big pop on shift and 4th gear at low speed off the gas sounds like machine gun fire.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did the pair mod. just plugged the one tube on the #7 hole. took care of 90% of the popping. i just get an occasional couple pops on down shift, which actually sounds pretty badass. thanks for all the help boys!

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
did the pair mod. just plugged the one tube on the #7 hole. took care of 90% of the popping. i just get an occasional couple pops on down shift, which actually sounds pretty badass. thanks for all the help boys!
Why did you only do half of the pair mod? Didnt you already have the tank off?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks!
I have those same pipes with PCV..the popping on decel is normal if you haven't blocked the pair valve. It's easy to do.i haven't done it though because I like the popping lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts