M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my '08 new and currently have approx. 18,000 mi. on it. As of late, I have been encountering a problem with it running poorly. It occours around the 2500-3000 r.p.m. range, in any gear, almost like a miss, or an injector clog. I have the Cobra Swept exhaust, with the stock air box, and I am running it with an FI2000 too. I always use premium fuel, and also have added some injector cleaner, just to see if it helps out, but it hasn't helped much really. I have been doing some adjusting with the FI2000, thinking that that may be the problem, but cannot seem to get it worked out.(Current settings on the FI2000 are 3/4/2, previous settings were 2/3/2, and have been tinkering with it in small increments, to no avail.)
When I first installed the FI2000 it ran like a champ (@ 2/3/2), but now it is not running like before. I replaced the plugs with the crk8's and it didn't help either. I also pulled the plug on the "set valve" just after installing the pipe, because of the FI light I was encountering. Any help from the "EXPERTS" here on this site would be GREATLY appreciated. I am not much of a mechanic, but willing to try and help myself save a few $$$, especially since MY "stealer" closed its doors. Thanks!!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Maybe the fuel filter? :dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,149 Posts
Check your spark plug connections too. That's in the range where it changes from firing one plug per cylinder to firing both. The center plug caps are sometimes not clicked on all the way.

I agree it's probably the fuel filter though. Depending on the quality of your fuel , 18,000 miles is about where their useful life ends.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Like said before, Probably your fuel stainer. But! I recently had some work done to mine and it was doing the same thing. If I gave it trottle between 2500 and 3500 rpm's it would cut out and then go. Looked all over for the problem. It turned out to be the plug wire going through the top of the rear cylinder was not connected to the plug. It was just resting on top of the plug.
Good Luck!!!
Kenny

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
Check your spark plug connections too. That's in the range where it changes from firing one plug per cylinder to firing both. The center plug caps are sometimes not clicked on all the way.

I agree it's probably the fuel filter though. Depending on the quality of your fuel , 18,000 miles is about where their useful life ends.
:agree::agree:

Did it start running bad after or before the spark plug change? Several people have not seated the spark plug connections in the past. The fuel filter would not be a bad idea even as far as maintenance.

:welcome: to the forum and check out the two links in my signature.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I will definately check and make sure the spark plug caps are seated / fitting properly, though I don't "think" that is the issue because it pretty much runs the same after the plug change.

I will definately be changing the fuel filter next, to see if that works, and let you guys know how it turns out. Very much appreciated for the responses everyone. Great web site!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Full throttle problems

Thanks guys, I will definately check and make sure the spark plug caps are seated / fitting properly, though I don't "think" that is the issue because it pretty much runs the same after the plug change.

I will definately be changing the fuel filter next, to see if that works, and let you guys know how it turns out. Very much appreciated for the responses everyone. Great web site!
Can I ask if this fixed the problem?
i've changed the filter and spark plugs... Still with no joy.
at full throttle, it just bogs down, especially in the midrange. If I back off to 3/4 throttle it clears and accelerates

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
hey peter...this thread is 2 years old, try PM to the OP instead, then post your question on a NEW POST and im sure youll get some help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts