M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, I'm ready for round 2, and any help and / or ideas would be helpful. I posted about 3 weeks ago about the "poor running '08 M109R". Most of the suggestions seemed to be pointing to replacement of the fuel strainer, ( and checking "seating" of plug wires)which may have been the cause of the hesitation / "miss" around 2500 & 3500 r.p.m
I have replaced the strainer and checked wires and am still having the issue with my 109 and I ain't happy. Should I take the FI2000 off and start from there to see if that is the problem? Or does someone have another idea what may be going on??
Thanks!!

'08 M109R, 18,000 mi. cobra swept exhaust, stock air box, FI2000([email protected]/3/2) fresh plugs, premium fuel always used

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
What pipes/intake are you running? What are your FI2000 settings? How many miles on your bike, and how long have you been running your current set-up? Also, have you changed anything recently? Was it doing this before you changed this?

EDIT* Sorry, I didn't read. Standby.

Take your first pod down to 1. If that doesn't help, take the controller off. Your set-up won't hurt the motor without the FI2000. I think you're too rich on your 1st pod.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have been "tinkering" with the pods some, but to no avail. This bike ran "beautiful" up untill about March of this year. I haven't made any recent mods to the bike, other than pipe and FI2000.(Which I did, not long after purchasing the bike)

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Yes, I have been "tinkering" with the pods some, but to no avail. This bike ran "beautiful" up untill about March of this year. I haven't made any recent mods to the bike, other than pipe and FI2000.(Which I did, not long after purchasing the bike)
IMO, your 1st pod is WAY too rich, for your set-up. Drop it to 1.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Hink, I will try 1 on first pod and see what happens. If that don't help, I'll take the module back off I guess.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If that fails.

08 (motor mods) = cobra swept pipes and power commander3. 13,000 miles. Same issue as in a few threads here. Choking, spitting, backfiring at about 3500. I removed the tank. Shook it to make sure the baffle was not folded, or had some air pocket. Then proceeded to check to make sure all the electrical wires were pushed/plugged in securely. injectors, plugs, etc. I Even checked the wires down ito the master computer on the left side were secure and tight. Checked to make sure the hoses attached to the air filter were also secure. Reinstalled the tank ensuring the gas line was not kinked and lines were securely connected. It ran fine after that. Maybe I just got lucky (knock on wood). I am assuming/hoping it was a just a loose wire connection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts