Registered
349 Posts
Here's what I did with the 10" rim...
and I have the steel swingarm...

remove the axle, caliper mount and spacer
remove the 6 bolts holding the rotor
remove the rotor
NOW the wheel can "turn in" or "turn out" of the hub

just blue tape the rim to avoid any damage should you hit it...

and be sure to locktite the rotor bolts when you put back on...
That sounds way easier then removing the hub because removing the hub is the easy part ...putting it back on is a bitch of a job...I am going to try removing the brake rotor to get my 10" off my factory swing arm tonight ....I hope it is as easy as you say it is or I will talk bad about you:joke:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Rear lights

:congrats: It looks :bad2thebone: I think if you got rid of those big round turn signal ears, your 300 would look even bigger....:bigthumbsup:
You're right!, But remember this started as a "Poorman's project". I would like some nice little billet lights, if someone has a set at a really good price, please let me know!!!

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
You're right!, But remember this started as a "Poorman's project". I would like some nice little billet lights, if someone has a set at a really good price, please let me know!!!
I wish I had some small turn signal lights I could give you bro..
Either way, there is no mistaken the fact that you have a 300.
I'm very happy that you found a way to get a big smile on you face with out the big price...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
hey big daddy,

who did your work. i looked all over the internet and around my local area and could not find anyone who would do a motorcycle wheel.

maybe you can take orders for people???

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Personally I still have the stock signals on mine and like them. Just need to replace the amber covers with Clear Alternatives clear lenses with chrome plated bulbs.
Cheap and easy mod that improves the looks of the stockers big time.
I like your cheap 300 mod. When I get a job again I will probably pursue this myself. There is a shop here that can widen wheels, so not a problem.
Good job!

41 - 60 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.