M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I really am hurt now (both physically and emotionally). I'm not really sure why or what happened, it's almost as if the accident happened in slow motion....Let me start over... Last month I bought my first new bike an M109R.....It took a couple of months convincing the wife to let me get one (only been married a year). Well, 1 month to the day (July 23rd), I had an accident which left me with a good amount of roadrash, as well as hobbling around (somehow I sprained both ankles).  I went with one of the insurance companies represented at the dealer (BIG MISTAKE), as it's been over 2 weeks and they haven't done anything! I know I haven't helped you guys out with anything, but if you could please help get my bike together, I would try so hard to repay you. Purchasing a bike was a big financial strain on my wife and I, but I convinced her that I HAD to have it...only to screw up and wreck it a month later.....Please let me know if you have any parts that you are willing to part with.  As soon as I post this I will do a search to learn how to post pics.

Thank You,
Tony
http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20060809/7/6/3/763c02c243351cf3a80822bea1e365720_medium.jpg

http://image2.frappr.com/pix2/i/20060809/5/4/3/5431de8380f0a453498ba24087f420110_large.jpg

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20060809/a/5/a/a5ac18c62d6cbfe5cbca92384f9e0b280_medium.jpg

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20060809/7/6/3/763c02c243351cf3a80822bea1e365720_large.jpg

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Man I hate that happened to ya. Do you remember what happened to cause the wreck? Did you run out of road in a curve or did a cager cause it? I'm curious. Sorry, I have no parts on hand for ya.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Did you just drop her, or did you actually wreck her?

I had to lay mine down a while back to avoid wrecking her, and just caused a few scratches, nothing to worry about at all... but sounds like you wrecked...

What parts are damaged?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Dang, you are lucky you only got a couple sprains and road rash. Looks like your bike flipped a time or two since it's damaged on both sides. Details on the wreck?

·
Registered
572 Posts
OUCH, what did you do? That looks PAINFUL!!!

Sorry to say, but I doubt most of us have the parts you will need that we can just give away...

Looks like you need a brand new headlight assembly, gas tank... and more...

OUCH

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know this will sound stupid to you guys,  but I was coming up to a turn, and when I applied the front brake, it almost seemed like the bike didn't slow down.  I remember getting closer to the side of the road, hitting the gravel, and then WAMMOOOO, wiped out, sliding/flipping down a ditch. 

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
That sucks man. Glad you are ok (relatively of course). I hope before you climb back on a bike (you are gonna get back on the horse that threw ya aren't ya?) I hope you take a MSF course. It sounds like inexperience got the best of ya. Please don't think I'm being a SA, but is it possible you applied the clutch thinking it was the front brake? Was the turn actually a sharp curve in the road, or was it actually a turn onto a different road? Do you apply both front and rear brakes? You said this was your first bike. How many miles did you have on it? I wish you a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. The bike can be replaced, you can't. I would be all over that insurance company to get me a new bike or put that one like new. Glad you survived to ride another day. These are the things that make us safer riders. If you haven't taken the safety course, now might be a good time to get signed up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The 109 is my first NEW bike. I took the MSF course before I got my license. My buddy following me said he was wondering why I was on the brakes for so long into a turn.....It's because the bike felt like it didn't slow....I'm not going going to pretend like I know all there is to know about bikes and riding, I just don't know what or why it happened. For now I just want see if I can get my bike back on the road, and then decide if I want to ride a motorcycle anymore.....

T

G

·
Keep on the insurance company. The damage is more extensive than just a couple of parts. I wish you the best of luck and hope it all ends well for you.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Tony,
We're all glad your not badly injured. There's all of good advice here.

Just stay on the insurance company and remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
These people are in the business to take care of our problems. Hang Tough!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
First off, VERY glad you're not seriously injured! Second, given the prices for replacing most of the stuff that's beat up on your bike (not to mention the sheer volume of damage -- did it crash into the inside of the rotating barrel of a cement mixxer?) I gotta tell you most insurance companies I've dealt with would likely total it. Especially given the newness of the bike and the lack of availability of replacement parts. Were I you, I would push them to replace it with a new bike and be done with it.

As for the accident, did your friend happen to notice if you locked up your front wheel or not? If not, and the brakes actually failed to work (you could still check on the wrecked bike), then that, to my thinking, would be a mechanical failure of the bike and fall under the warranty and zuki would have to replace it since it resulted in a wreck.

Take care, god bless and get well soon!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Sorry to hear bro,
Here's to a quick recovery, for both you and your bike.
Look forward to your post when all is back in order.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Good thing you are ok the bike can be replaced you can not. I just hope you get back and ride again thats the hardest thing good luck and its a good thng your injuries are minor hang in there :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Tony: Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you have a speedy recovery. As others have said, get on that insurance company, that's what you paid them for, so get your bike back on the road or have them get you a new bike.

BigBen said:
I had to lay mine down a while back to avoid wrecking her, and just caused a few scratches, nothing to worry about at all... but sounds like you wrecked...
BigBen: I wanted to comment on this. It sounds like you intentionally laid a bike on its side and slid in order to not hit a vehicle/obstacle? If that is the case, then most experienced riders would agree it is better to keep on the brakes and slow down as much as possible before hitting said obstacle, rather than rely on ground friction of the bike on the ground to slow you down only slightly more before impacting with the obstacle.

In short, this isn't meant as a personal jab at you, but rather as educational to other riders that I do not agree with ever 'laying a bike over' to avoid a wreck, as you'll only reach the point of impact faster and with greater momentum than if you had kept on the brakes until the point of impact.

·
Registered
126 Posts
DHandyman said:
I gotta tell you most insurance companies I've dealt with would likely total it. Especially given the newness of the bike and the lack of availability of replacement parts. Were I you, I would push them to replace it with a new bike and be done with it.
First, I am glad your ok. Second, there might be a good side... New bike '07 M109. Granted, in order to make the bike "the fastest M109," you will have to paint it silver... :D

·
Registered
750 Posts
Glad to know you are OK, aside from the damage to your body. As everyone else says the bike can be replaced but you can't. I seem to remember some damaged 9'S being parted out on ebay. You might try doing a search there. Take care... :doorag:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Start bugging the insurance companies she's wrecked. Maybe you can buy it back cheap and have something to mess with later on. For now i would get your dough from the ins. co.

G

·
I am glad to hear you came out relatively alright and I wish you a speedy recovery...

Cruisers take a while to slow down. Although you got the mighty gsxr1000 breaks out front, this bike is much heavier in comparison.

Get back on the saddle quickly and show that son onf a b!tch that is did not get the best of ya'
:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts