Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nadda

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really curious to see who wears one and what they wear.
:doorag:
I wear a dorag sometimes ans a half helmet most of the time.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
When I do wear one :duck: it a full face.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I've found the Fulmer Modus Modular helmet is the most versatile of all that I own.

I can flip it up when I'm at slow speeds for extra air. It provides full face protection against flying objects and reduces wind noise.
It's easy to get bugs out of it too... Nothing like seeing a Hornet walk across the inside of your visor going 80 mph down the road!

·
Registered
287 Posts
gsxr150 said:
What's the diff between 1/2 lid and 1/2 lid DOT?
The DOT lid means that it meets Dept. of Transportation specs. If its not DOT certified than its basically just for looks, a novelty helmet if you will.

BTW I wear a full face most of the time and a half sometimes. I just bought my wife a modular helmet and she seems to really like it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Really depends on what type of riding I plan to do that day. If I'm doing a lot of highway and in town riding, I'll wear my HJC full face Snell helmet. If I'm out for a Sunday ride and just cruising the back country roads, I wear a DOT half helmet with shades. It's much cooler. I guess I worry about half helmets on the highway not really in the event of a crash, but an 18 wheeler throwing a rock up on my jaw.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I checked a DOT half helmet, but will also wear a full face helmet. Namely depends on the weather/temperature!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
If I want to be offensive, I wear my half shell with the "ABCDEFU :eek: KU" sticker on it... :bigthumbsup:

My preference in helmets are HJC, they seem to fit my noggin best. I recently looked at the HJC Carbon Helmet. Man that thing is lite!!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
L-Train said:
I wear more than one type. You should modify your poll and let us check more than one.
I agree with L-train. I wear DOT half helmit with dew rag or full face helmet. I have aalso been thinking about one of those convertable helmets. Any thoughts to safety of these? They are DOT but not SNELL because of the chin latch. :dontknow: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
love the a10 avatar bonehead,which way did you get it loaded :doorag:
Just uploaded to the site off my 'puter after resizing it......................don't remember where I found the pic at :p, but in the full size version you can read the sticker in the center of the muzzle........."peace through superior firepower"........kinda fitting I think :evil: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
L-Train said:
I wear more than one type. You should modify your poll and let us check more than one.
It may dilute the poll a bit much. Looking for what is used most of the time.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Felix T Cat said:
Full face and with the recent japanese beetle explosion around here in PA I'm glad I do.
You got that right. I was out cruising 896 passing nothing but buggies and corn a couple days ago and got some in the neck. Even at 40 they wake you up a bit.

ALWAYS a full face for me.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I agree about the poll needing some other boxes to check. I would say it depends on the time of year. when it's cold out I will wear my full Arai but when it gets warm I wear a non dot carbon fiber shorty. I tried the dot shorties but they sit up too high on my head and cause neck strain going down the road from the wind. I also have a ZRX 1100 Kaw so I always wear the full lid on it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I adding gas to the fire (so go ahead and say it), but I wear the only thing a local dealer could find to special order in a XXXXXL fullface. It only comes in black and it's cheaply made (falling apart). I did find two half shells that fit perfect, but I prefer a fullface, my next move is to wear a 5 gallon bucket with the handle as a strap. :joke:

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's a big head.
I wear a half helmet (it's chrome)....made by Jafrum which is "cheesy" in Japanese. It was 25 bucks new so that tells you how good it is.
I also wear a full face Arai in the cooler weather. Either way I always wear a helmet whether its a piece of krap or not. And yes bugs do hurt at speed with the half helmet on. A friend of mine had a bee fly up into his full face helmet once (I was following him and never saw anybody stop so fast)....so either way the bugs will get you.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts