M109 Rider Forums banner

If you could change the headlight on the 109 to one that is more common, would you?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what other people think about the headlight remember, you have to be logged in to vote

·
Registered
814 Posts
Can you edit the pole to add a 3rd option such as: "Depends on how good it looks once someone does it."

At first, I was thrown off by it, but after a few more visites to Zuki's website, it grew on me. Once I saw the bike in person, I could see how everything together on the bike flows from front to back. This bike looks like it's moving even when it's on the stand.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
the headlight is one of the parts i love. i want a futuristic looking bike, not a retro harley knockoff.

G

·
It's weird that almost everyone either doesn't like it or isn't sure about it at first. But you seem to get used to it and even like it after a while. I love my Fugly Headlight :D :D

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Don't know how hard it would be to change, but I've always like the look of the VTX headlight. I think the eybrow and the shape of it would go very well with the shape of the bike.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BlkM109r said:
Don't know how hard it would be to change, but I've always like the look of the VTX headlight. I think the eybrow and the shape of it would go very well with the shape of the bike.
Thats kinda what I was thinking. The vtx has a good looking light. Guess we'll just see if someone out there tackles it and wait for the results.

G

·
That to me was one of the cons before I bought it. I need some more time to decide. I think it will grow on me though. Part of what bothers me is that the front turn signals dont match the flow of the headlight.

·
Registered
817 Posts
LOVE the front headlight!

And I love that a lot of other people hate it, if that makes any sense. :confused:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I think my first reaction was change the fender and change the headlight cowl to look like a cruiser but now I'm thinking why make it look like every other cruiser out there. I think it looks pretty good the way it is, just needs a little cleaning up. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
No way boys!!!! That cowl and light is what gives it the fast & sexy look. Like Lamonster said - why make it look like every other cruiser. I must admit that the VTX head light is nice BUT on a VTX and not an M109R.

The M109Wannabee :D

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I hate to tell you this boys but the VTX had this cowl long before the 109. If anything, Suzuki liked it so much on the X that they made it a stock part on the 109. ;)

·
Registered
525 Posts
I am not sure if the lines of the bike would continue to flow if the headlight was swapped out. Although, I would love to see someone do it.

G

·
Well I have to admit,,it was the first thing and only thing I wasnt to keen on,,but its startin to grow on me....Actaully,,last night,,went for a ride with my 2 harley friends,,another harley guy pulled up next to us at a light,,said ,,"thats things bitchin,,what the hell is it"and ,,I like the headlight ,,better than a windshield,,and a windshield wouldnt look right" on my bike... :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
It is not the best part of the bike, but it part of what makes this the best bike!

G

·
Not a fan originally of the headlight cowl, but now I know it will look good to me once I paint the chrome piece to match... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think a regular headlight like from a C90 or VTX is better so you can add a fairing or different kinds of windshields. Nothing out there is grabbing me right now. I'm living with the nacelle for now but as soon as I can afford it........ :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hey, I like the whole appearance of the bike. It just flows together in a "Cruzin while sittin still " kind of way. I don't like the couple of textured black plastic parts that I got polish on and now have a white stain on them. I want to replace them with metal. The only part that looks out of place is the vertical black metal piece on both sides just beside the passenger foot peg. I will do something to change this. And I am thinking about lowering the seat (if it is comfortable) to do so. JOHN

3500 miles and still luvin it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts