M109 Rider Forums banner

Several people have asked for classier shirts than the standard graphic T's that i've got going now.

• I get shirts custom embroidered and ship to you (Est $50 =/- per shirt)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I get custom embroidered patches made and apply to shirt types of your request (cost probably close

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This would be a large commitment from me to get this going, like going from hobby to small business. Lamonster and I have been working on some stuff intermittently on a m109 riders group logo that would be a great patch for jackets and polos etc, so the patch way might be easiest. The hardest part is that I would be in for a lot of "up front" money to get things going and buy merchandise. I'm not independently wealthy by any means, so there has to be a good demand before I can shell out the bucks (and satisfy the missus that this is the right thing to do).

Thinking mostly of polos and button up "shop" type shirts (bowling style?)

Thanks in advance for your help and opinions

·
Registered
898 Posts
Re: POLL- "Classier" shirts- Need to gauge interest before i jump into this

I will abstain from voting as I would'nt order that type of shirt...not that I don't or would'nt wear one but when I am going to ride or wear a bike shirt it would be of the nature you already offer, I think the stuff you offer is more inline with what the "majority" would buy... I know there is a request from some for the other kind and its not my money on the line so....

I have been planning to start a thread about the sizing ... The only reason I have'nt placed my order yet is I can't seem to get anyone to respond about the sizing and such of the shirts... I have a buttload of shirts ... I have to wear button down collar type shirts to work in and so I don't have as much opportunity to use t-shirt types of which I have tons...so when I do purchase them I am very particular about fit and quality of material... cause if it's not right it will just end up being a rag for polishing the bike ...my truck...4 wheeler or something... ;)

khrome

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

khrome I can tell you on the t's about the black, the fitted and the ringer as those are the ones i've bought for myself. I'm 6' 200 lbs. Not really fat, a little bit of a belly though.

the black T i got XL- it's a little big, loose fitting ya know?
the ringer I got in XL and it's huge, so those definately run big. i ordered Large's on my new ones
Fitted T, I bought large and it's just right.

I have a long sleeve coming so i can tell you about that when it gets here.

hope that helps

·
Registered
898 Posts

Thanks much I am 6'1" 215 and work out so it has to be a little wide for it to work for me sounds like the XL in black for me would be right, so I guess I will assume a L in the ringers would be closer to the right size in those... but my problem is I have a 50" chest which causes the problem... usually when I get it big enough to fit there its a dress length :redfaced: but I have been really wanting to try a couple so now I can your analogy helped a lot thanks again :bigthumbsup:

khrome

G

·

In a tee style I prefer a long sleeve to ride in, I also am concerned about sizing, I have purchased a 4x from one place and it barley fit my wife who is 150 lbs at 5' 9" and a 3X from another and I was swimming in it. I would rather be swimming of course than giving them to the wife or the rag barrel.

This is my second interation of this process, the first was VTXOA and what ever we do we should do it as a club or as a group so that when the state boards get going they can order a state level shirt or shirts. I feel that this bike is going to have a very unique following somewhere between the 30 and 50 somethings so we/you should keep that in mind in your development of the products/designs.

It needs to be cool, it needs to be modern, it needs to be acceptable to the general public. I am not a "BIKER" perse so the "BIKER" look is not something I am going for and I don't think that most of the owners are either.

I think I have seen more Joe Rocket Jackets on this board then I have ever seen. I mean this bike is part GSXR, part Cruiser, part Drag Bike. It is unique and what ever we do should be unique. And of course we have to have some goods for the Girls.

May be we should do something like a not for profit national club or something and get everyone to pitch in to get the best stuff and the best prices.

My two Cents anyway.

RAW_TAZ

·
Registered
702 Posts

I'd pay $60 for a black bowling shirt with a huge embroidered logo on the back and a small patch on the fron pocket, if that's what you intended.

I have the same problem with tshirts as previously mentioned: tons of tshirts, but I can get away with a bowler tucked or untucked on more occasions.

·
Registered
253 Posts

I would love to see a nice Black satin shirt embossed / Screen printed with the bruza-cruza logo you have on the rear and maybe a M109R on the front pocket and sleeves you could do all the shirts the colours the bikes come in but keeping the same logo

·
Registered
39 Posts

I think the shirts are all awesome the way they are and I dont think the slogan

"does my tire make my ass look fat" is too much, Come on guys, you gotta be kidding,
In todays society, with lets just say "Scary Movie 1-2-3-4" and everything else in todays world.
I dont wanna be rude or anything but geez that is an awesome slogan and whoever thought of it is right on the ball with whats going on today. That "does this _______ make my ass look fat" is one of the most popular sayings in entertainment today.

No the shirts are awsome and that slogan is my favorite and I would like to order one XL white and an XL black ASAP.

Jimbomania

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

well it looks like a no so far. 182 people have visited the thread and only 23 bothered to vote. it'll be way too much work for 23 shirts and if you look at the responses above, it looks like everybody wants something different. pretty much every place i checked has a 50 pc, minimum and that would be of the same thing. i thank you all for your input and I'll continue with the stuff I'm doin now and i'll add some more subdued designs for those more conservative among you

·
Registered
253 Posts

BlkM109r would you mind then if I used your design and had a few shirts made up here in Aus I would rather ask you the question instead of assuming it would be ok cause you know what happens when we assume it makes an ass out of u and me

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

well..... I knew this was going to come up sooner or later. Another guy PM'd me and asked me if I could send him my artwork. This is a delicate topic so please try to look at it from my point of view.....
If I were to give away my artwork to others, it would be a very simple process for them to start selling shirts with my artwork as well as making their own. I have yet to break even on the shirts, my artwork time vs. what i have actually have made off the shirts. i make a few dollars off each item, of which I haven't even received a penny yet. I have $187 in my account there, but have spent $60 to upgrade the site to a premium shop and another $60 to buy my own shirts. i'm supposed to get my first check for $75 in a week or so. For perspective, I'd charge $75 PER HR just for design if I were doing this for a living. I'd conservatively say I have 50 to 60 hrs in all the designs I have for sale now (everybody thinks you can just whip this stuff out in a few minutes) so doing the math I should have made $4k by now. So even though I'm obviously doing this for fun and the sake of the members here because i like being a member here and have learned so much I can't just give away my hard work for free. Now if you guys wanna chip in $4k out of the goodness of your heart...please make checks payable to..... :joke:
  For Ex: it'd be like me asking Lamonster to give me all the code and page layouts to run this site so that I could go start my own with out having to do any of the work myself. Or.... if I asked him to give me all of his research, drawings, CAD files etc, for the 280 wheel kit so that i could make my own without paying him. It's not fair to him because he's put so much time into figuring out how to do it. Same thing for me.
  I've made high quality, professionally designed 109 shirts available because I can, and for only a few dollars a per shirt to finance my upgrades to my own bike(if and when i start making actual money). There was nothing available before so i thought I'd try it on a whim, just to see how this internet commerce thingy worked, but i still need to get paid something. If for nothing other than the time it takes away from the family life. I hope you'll understand where i'm coming from. ::)

thanks,
Joe (Blkm109r)

G

·

Hey Joe,

FYI, I ordered two Bruzer Cruizer Shirts yesterday 1 for myself in 3X which I would really like a 4X and for the wife. I do appreciate your work am trying to support your endeavor.

Thanks,
RAW_TAZ

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

THANKS TAZ :D

·
Registered
253 Posts

Joe I understand what you are saying and that is why I thought asking you would be better than just taking. I orderd 3 shirts already I am sure once the 109 boys start seeing them in the flesh I will have some more orders for you.. Keep up the good work Bro you are one talented artist :bigthumbsup: I wont be copying anything

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

X, glad you understand. I was sure there would be somebody who would think I was an a-hole, without knowing the amount of work that goes into it.

thanks
J.

·
Registered
253 Posts

Joe just a thought have you tried getting in touch with Suzuki themselves and maybe selling them the designs you clearly have a winner on your hands with your artwork maybe you just need a better marketing team behind you

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I've thought about approaching the local stealers (dealers) but i might not want to draw to much attention to myself. They might decide to cease and desist me

G

·

Just received my shipping notice on the shirts I ordered yesterday.

WOW

Thanks,
TAZ

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

taz they are quick. I can log in and see an order report. Some of the orders move to production the first day! I guess it depends on how busy they are but I've seen a few go out the same day they were ordered which is pretty amazing considering they have to set up and print after you order. :eek:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

ok, talked with "mrs. Blkm109r" and i'm going to investigate doing the different embroidered patches and you guys can get them sewn on for yourselves. Thinking of a chest or sleeve size logo for polos. A larger 3.5"x3.5" for the sleeve of you 109 jackets and maybe a larger for the back of vests or jackets. i'll get quotes next week and let you guys know. they all seem to have a 50 pc minimum. i think the first things will be the m109 logo that i have on my t-shirts and my avatar and the m109riders group shield that I've been working on. i'll keep you updated.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts