M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took off my risers last night and hand polished them it took me close to five hours to get them to the finish I wanted. Only thing is on the inside I didn't polish the indention on the inner of the risers but They turned out pretty good

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pic

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another pic. I can only post one at a time with the iPhone app

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Nice job you did there

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,882 Posts
Those look great bro! I added 2" extensions to mine and polished them all together, and like the look.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you guys.
Yeah it the next couple days I'm goin to do my wheels, rotors, bolts and brake cal also try to do the drive shaft and swing arm sometime

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
A tip for smoothing out cast aluminum ( swingarm), use a D/A sander. I polished one for Bordeaux, and it was taking for ever to smooth it out. I broke out the D/A Sander, went 80 grit, to180 grit, to 400 grit, then wet sanded out tthe remaining scratches. Total pain in the a55.

-Josh

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
nice job wish I had patience like that

·
Registered
445 Posts
What exactly do you mean by "hand polished"? Did you not use a buffing wheel at all?

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Great work, bro (and fellow polisher LOL). I did mine and put some of the Kuryakyn accent trim on it. I also cut off the mounting tab and ground it down flush (sunk tach in cowl).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts