M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just finished my exhaust mod(cut out mufflers and rewelded stock tips) similar to scorp tips and am getting ready to do an airbox swap, can anyone tell me if there is a plug and play fuel manager available ? I dont have easy access to a dyno and would like to avoid going threw a lot of hastle with remapping. I am not looking to squeeze every hp. out of the bike (atleast not yet) just want it to run good without issues. any ideas? thanks Chris

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
cobra FI2000R

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Sounds like the Cobra unit would be what you're looking for.
FI2000R.
If you search FI2000R you will get all the info on this unit you need.
Good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i cut mine 11 inch of stock pipe, just run without it but i could be wroung. my bike seems runs fine but i did not do air mod tho.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
FI2000R is your answer. I am not a mechanic by any means and I managed to get one installed and running great after my pipes were installed

·
Registered
138 Posts
Had steeler install one today. Runs like a scalded dog. also just about eliminated low rpm "surge". I have a rev tek DFO on my vtx 1800 and it's worked well. They are similar. Really like being able to adjust it without a dyno or downloading a map.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys, sounds like the cobra unit is a great way to go. will this help with the surging and whiplash effect when i get on and off the throttle ? and to bigpaul, nice choice of bikes I also have a vtx 1300R

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,852 Posts
It will help some with smoothing the throttle, but a TRE will help more. Search for JSD or GiPro. The GiPro gives you a gear indicator too.

I think it gets smoother as it gets more miles on it. I'm not sure if the bike starts acting smoother or you just get more experienced with the throttle, but something helps.

:welcome: to the forum too. :D

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
just finished my exhaust mod(cut out mufflers and rewelded stock tips) similar to scorp tips and am getting ready to do an airbox swap, can anyone tell me if there is a plug and play fuel manager available ? I dont have easy access to a dyno and would like to avoid going threw a lot of hastle with remapping. I am not looking to squeeze every hp. out of the bike (atleast not yet) just want it to run good without issues. any ideas? thanks Chris
I have a gutted stock with K&Ns and Cobra Fi2000R . It smoothed out the low end. I was told I need more air to get the performance it can deliver.
I am about to try out the Bully Intake system I just found
www.GManIndustries.com

You can adjust it as you ride for max fuel savings or to max power.
I`ll keep you guys posted...
I bought a TRE from this company. Gary, the owner, warned me "hang on when you first get on it". He was not kidding! I`m very impressed with his products and customer service!

·
Registered
31 Posts
:bigthumbsup:powercamander 5 works very well too. I will be purchasing the autotune accessory as well. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts