M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I bought the road burner pipe for my bike but is not instrucctions or pictures for how to install the exhoust, I know is some of you that have this pipe and i hope some one can help me with pic or some tipe of feedback how to install theis pipes

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Hi guys, I bought the road burner pipe for my bike but is not instrucctions or pictures for how to install the exhoust, I know is some of you that have this pipe and i hope some one can help me with pic or some tipe of feedback how to install theis pipes
did you check their web site....maybe?? :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ROAD BURNER

I send you a pm about the side burners
this is the hardware it came with the pipe and I can figure out where the silver bracket go or the small pice of metal
and the part with the 2 cables I can figure out either. I am sorry guys but any help I cant get will be great

Attachments

·
Registered
961 Posts
this is the hardware it came with the pipe and I can figure out where the silver bracket go or the small pice of metal
and the part with the 2 cables I can figure out either. I am sorry guys but any help I cant get will be great
When you remove your stock pipes also remove the whole pipe bracket. The black mounting bracket goes in it's place, you'lle see the alighment holes when you put the bracket on the bike. The silver mounting hardware is foe the set actuator which is the block box with the cables coming out. You have to remove the cables the black boot cover. NOTE: When removing the cables fron the actuator be sure to use pliers to hold the CAM that the cables are attached to. That CAM cannot move or you strip the plastic gears, The replacement CAM in the kit goes in it's place, there is a vid on the installation of pipes and set actuator that Lamont did some time ago. Search the website for set cam actuator and you see the how to. I hope that this help, I recommend that you fine someone that lives near you to help you out...

·
Registered
961 Posts

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Don't even bother with the stupid SET valve, that is what the metal bracket and the small silver piece are for.
Use these instructions to disable the SET by pulling a wire out of the ECU.

As for that bracket, you have to remove the black plastic cover on the right side, under the sidecover, to access the two bolts that retain the stock hanger. The new one just bolts on in its place. Of the stuff in the first picture, just use the exhaust hanger, the rest is for mounting the SET (second picture) valve, which you really do not need anymore. The little silver piece screws onto the SET valve, in place of the piece the cables are attached to.

You also need to pull off the chrome hump on the right side above the stock exhaust. You do this so you can unplug the two connectors underneath it to remove the SET valve.

Did you buy this used? Because a new one would not have come with the SET valve.

So follow these instructions.
1. Remove seat
2. Remove side cover.
3. Remove black plastic side cover
4. Remove chrome hump.
5. Unplug two connectors under hump
6. Unscrew the bolts that hold pipes to heads
7. Remove two bolts that hold rear bracket on frame, do this while supporting weight as the stock pipe is HEAVY
8. Install new rear bracket
9. Install new pipes to heads and bracket
10. Re-assemble parts removed

I just put a Cobra on mine, and the process should be no different.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't even bother with the stupid SET valve, that is what the metal bracket and the small silver piece are for.
Use these instructions to disable the SET by pulling a wire out of the ECU.

As for that bracket, you have to remove the black plastic cover on the right side, under the sidecover, to access the two bolts that retain the stock hanger. The new one just bolts on in its place. Of the stuff in the first picture, just use the exhaust hanger, the rest is for mounting the SET (second picture) valve, which you really do not need anymore. The little silver piece screws onto the SET valve, in place of the piece the cables are attached to.

You also need to pull off the chrome hump on the right side above the stock exhaust. You do this so you can unplug the two connectors underneath it to remove the SET valve.

Did you buy this used? Because a new one would not have come with the SET valve.

So follow these instructions.
1. Remove seat
2. Remove side cover.
3. Remove black plastic side cover
4. Remove chrome hump.
5. Unplug two connectors under hump
6. Unscrew the bolts that hold pipes to heads
7. Remove two bolts that hold rear bracket on frame, do this while supporting weight as the stock pipe is HEAVY
8. Install new rear bracket
9. Install new pipes to heads and bracket
10. Re-assemble parts removed

I just put a Cobra on mine, and the process should be no different.
Another member he said He connect the harness back from the set valve and thats it. Also... you assembly the road burner pipe by itself or but it together as you on the bike? You know the 2 pipes !st in the cylinder heads and the muffler part afterwards?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts