M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All-

I trust this sight and you guys greatly. I would like to know in your opinions who has the best big diameter, best chrome looking and loudest aftermarket pipes out there. Or tell me where to go to do a quick tally of some already discussed results.

I am switching my Roadhouse Slipons out for a new set.

Thanks

·
Registered
427 Posts
The best sounding, most powerful pipes I've seen and heard are the Vance & Hines Big Shots, partially debaffled. Great looking pipes, and very good power increase. My son has these, and I have drilled and debaffled my stock pipes, but his is, and I hate to admit it, lots quicker than mine. Do not tell him, though. Other aftermarket pipes can sound ok, but usually cost you in terms of power. BTW, he also has a PCIII, and a good map, as well as an Arlen Ness intake.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I have the hardkrome 2 into 1 Sideburner, which is a popular exhaust pipe for the 9. It sounds great, no need to debaffle. Sounds wide open. It pretty much comes down to preference. I'm sure others will chime in. There is a thread showing pipes in the picture/video section.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Almost all of the aftermarket pipes are not going to give you a whole lot of power. Generally, a 2 into 1 will give you more but even then it won't be a lot. You should be more concerned on fit/finish and sound over power. With that being said, it comes down to personal preference over any suggestion I or anyone else can give you. I suggest you find local 109 owners near you so you can go look and hear for yourself before making a decision.

The sideburner and bigshots are 2 of the more popular ones to look at but there are many to choose from.

·
Registered
148 Posts
SWEPTS!!!

I know lotsa guys have them, but IMO, the swepts are the sexiest pipes on the market! Even my wife called them sexy and trust me, she knows SEXY!!! From an asthetic standpoint, they follow the lines of the bike so well.

Just comes down to preference. If you want a hot rod muscle look, then others do it better, but if you like sleek sexy urban muscle and eye candy. The SWEPTS do it best.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I think we had this discussion before.

Asking what pipe is the best is like asking what is the perfect breast size for your woman.

As much as I am sure we would all take a look at shots of your woman and let you know what size breast we thought would be best for her, but the answers you would get would be just as unreliable as the answers you are actually asking for.

I have the Sideburner. Some say that is a loud pipe. I say it has a perfect volume and tone and that most other pipes I have heard on the 9 are too quiet. I love that it fires out the side, so the guy ridding behind you is not going deaf. I love the size of it which just seems to flow well with the bike.

Maybe I am unusual on my take on the available pipes, but I am provably unusual on my thoughts on breast size as well.

So, post a thread looking for 9ers near you with particular pipes you are considering and go see and hear them for yourself.

·
Registered
148 Posts
What he said!

:agree::agree::agree:, with him!!!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
You can't go wrong with 6".:a18: Nice deep rumble and a pick up in power.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Wow, That pipe looks great. If it weren't for the cost of getting that pipe here in the states, I would have one for sure. I've spent way to much already on this bike and just can't justify the price on that pipe. I wound up with Road Burner Velocity Pro through Gman when they were blowing them out on the cheap. Nice job on the bike Swatcop

:congrats:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Wow, That pipe looks great. If it weren't for the cost of getting that pipe here in the states, I would have one for sure. I've spent way to much already on this bike and just can't justify the price on that pipe. I wound up with Road Burner Velocity Pro through Gman when they were blowing them out on the cheap. Nice job on the bike Swatcop

:congrats:
Thank You sir.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
REVO Cannon 6" is biggest
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that the Cannon was not so much an exhaust as it is a muffler which required using and modifying the front half of your stock exhaust. Kind of like a morpher with a huge price tag:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Hello All-

I trust this sight and you guys greatly. I would like to know in your opinions who has the best big diameter, best chrome looking and loudest aftermarket pipes out there. Or tell me where to go to do a quick tally of some already discussed results.

I am switching my Roadhouse Slipons out for a new set.

Thanks
Roadhouse sounds and look great in my opinion. I would rate it as one of the best along with sideburner and revo cannon. All 3 have the load, deep, throaty rumble and plus it gives a great performance boost. If you are just looking for a change, go with sideburner.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Roadhouse sounds and look great in my opinion. I would rate it as one of the best along with sideburner and revo cannon. All 3 have the load, deep, throaty rumble and plus it gives a great performance boost. If you are just looking for a change, go with sideburner.
That's what I am leaning towards....Thanks

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I have never herd them in person but sound awsome on utube... And they look sweet and look like they are made well.... but by the time u buy them ship them and have yours cut and them welded on over 900 bucks, :-X not in my budget at this time... but would love them some day if I ever change my exhaust would want these...:doorag:
(will just have to drill my baffels for now...)

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I have the hardkrome 2 into 1 Sideburner, which is a popular exhaust pipe for the 9. It sounds great, no need to debaffle. Sounds wide open. It pretty much comes down to preference. I'm sure others will chime in. There is a thread showing pipes in the picture/video section.
:agree: If you want loud, HardKrome Sideburner is your pipe.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have to vote for
Rainey5230

Those pipes are the best visual match up to the over all design of our 9's.
Rainey...make 1 complete exhaust system....no welding...offer it in black...you will sell as many as you can make.

Dave

1 - 20 of 48 Posts