M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with American Suzuki...I wanted to voice my concerns regarding the coolant leaks. I my self have taken my bike back in 2 times to get it fixed and will have to take it in for a third time, which prompted my call to Suzuki. I was told buy the rep on the phone that this was the first he's ever heard of the coolant leak...which means that we as owners haven't done enough to get their attention...I would urge each of you to take the 5 mins it takes and report this to Suzuki...the number is 714 572-1490

Thx

·
Registered
84 Posts
Haven't had the problem yet, but only a few hundred miles on the bike. I will definitely call them if I see a leak!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ahh, yeah and when I called to report the oil blowing out because of overfilling they had "never heard of it" either.

In all fairness I've got about 2500 miles and didn't have the coolant issue.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I double checked mine while putting the "10" spark plugs in and was surprised mine were all really tight. I did find two of the 4 bolts that hold the fuel tank bracket that bolts to the underside rear of the tank just laying there on the frame at rear of tank area. don't know if dealer has the tank off to prep one but if so they should have found it and I doubt they came loose on their own they are really long 6mm bolts. I blue locktited them back in, then while washing her today found the rear most bolt the holds the upper/lower pipes together next to rear brake caliper area missing. I have some spare 8mmx1.25 bolts and locktited that in too. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just called the number and reported my coolant leak.

Polite but not very helpful beyond recommending taking it back to the dealer.

Said there is no tech bulliten and asked if I heard on a tech bulliten on "the forums". I said yes and he said the information on the forums is usually wrong -- his satement not my view.

Thanks again for everyones experiences on this forum it helps a lot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A long time back I thought someone found a hose clamp that was too big. had been tighted down, all the way, but still lose, and leaking. I remember reading it on the board.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I heard that too about the clamps bottoming out but all the ones on mine still have some teeth left on them but they could have been sized a little better. the clamps we got were probably what they had on hand.... :dontknow:

·
Registered
272 Posts
For Canadian owners out there.
I called Suzuki on my first leak and inquired if they had any other complaints on this issue and they stated that I was the first. Suzuki is consistent with Yamaha for my snow sled and Kawasaki for the ATV with issues and we wait for a service bulletin to have a dealer truly acknowledge a known issue.
Never tell them that you read it on a forum. Unfortunately, we are better informed and NO manufacturer wants that. For any Suzuki reps reading (lurking) this, PM me and I'll provide my VIN as I requested in writing that my issue be logged.

·
Registered
99 Posts
a suggestion.when you contact suzuki ask for thier fax number.fax your complaint and you will have a record for future referance.

:hot: :hot: :hot: :a18: :hot: :hot: :hot:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts