M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
before i go with a sidemount tag ,is it legal here in florida?

I looked in the florida statutes and didnt see anything about it but figured some of you have "street " knowledge on it.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I dig the mod also -----------so don't shoot the messenger !!!!!!

Florida State Statute 316.410 tag light must be white in color
non moving violation- no points against license $71.50 fine in Orange County Florida.

also a red reflector is required on the rear of the bike, another $71.50

I think I can see two tiny white lights shining on the tag in the above pic so that should be ok for the tag light being white.

G

·
M109LOVER said:
I dig the mod also -----------so don't shoot the messenger !!!!!!

Florida State Statute 316.410 tag light must be white in color
non moving violation- no points against license $71.50 fine in Orange County Florida.

also a red reflector is required on the rear of the bike, another $71.50

I think I can see two tiny white lights shining on the tag in the above pic so that should be ok for the tag light being white.
You are correct sir. I just need someone to ride behind me. Their headlight illuminates my tag for me. :D

G

·
Vetgasm said:
How is it wired for the light?
If you disconnect the factory tag light, splice wires from there and run them back through the seat area. There are plenty of holes to get the wires to the shaft and run it the length of the shaft to the bracket. No probs. I just dont know why I keep blowing fuses.

G

·
It ended up being that a wire was broken in side the lighted license plate frame and it was grounding out. I went with a LED bolt. Works like a champ but time for a change.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My two white led's are now blinking took everything apart all the way to the lights and re wired . there still doing the same thing :dontknow: I guess it's time for a new plate. The law has seen me cruzin that way and nothing has been said as of yet...

G

·
Runeatic said:
just ordered my new tag.. BAD M109. Sorry boys, it's been taken.
7 letters on a MC tag? That's new. I thought it was 5 or 6 at the most. Then you have a space. Let us know if you actually get it.

·
Registered
956 Posts
toneout said:
7 letters on a MC tag? That's new. I thought it was 5 or 6 at the most. Then you have a space. Let us know if you actually get it.
Yes they just changed it to 7 and I got the receipt for the ordered BadM109. The form still shows 6 but you can get 7.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts