M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone disappointed with the amount of plastic on this bike?  It saves weight I suppose, but I didn't realize there was so much plastic when I bought it.  Is anyone considering glass or metal substitutes?  It's kinda like breast implants - they look great until you get to the touchy-feely part......

·
Registered
151 Posts
THE PLASTIC DOES'NT BOTHER ME. I THINK THE MORE YOU RIDE THE LESS YOU WILL THINK ABOUT THE PLASTIC. THAT WAS MY CASE.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I like the touchy feely part better than looking :bigthumbsup:
and plastic does'nt bother me either or i would'nt have bought them for my wife or the bike :D

khrome

·
Registered
176 Posts
Before I got my 109 I looked over a lot of bikes and most are now doing a lot in plastic. They still charge the same when you have to replace them but the weight saving makes this bike a lot faster with a 100lbs of less chrome.

G

·
I have a GL1800 and you want to talk about plastic. Even with all the plastic that baby, pre-chrome is still over 900 lbs. Plastic is ok, just have to be very careful removing it and re-installing it, ESPECIALLY when it is cold. Truthfully, I did not realize how much plastic there was until I got the bike home. I had just traded an 05 Roadstar and it had tons of metal parts (fenders, side panels, ets) but still like the new bike better. JMO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts