M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am missing a push pin fastener thing that holds the upper part of my left side panel. It is the pin under the seat (one on each side) right by the battery. Can someone tell me which diameter this is and what its official name is? I am sure that I can find them on ebay or Amazon if I just know which one I need.

Thanks for any help,
Peter

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Small push pin, get them at a Suzuki dealer. $5.00 for a box of them

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,219 Posts

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Its missing...not broken. I don't want to rip the other one out.

P
Don't you just push in the Center part just a bit and it comes out quite nice, easy peasy! Can you post a picture, maybe you have some other type of fastener, you should need to rip it out? I know these plastic fasteners are confusing with all the diffrent styles out there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't you just push in the Center part just a bit and it comes out quite nice, easy peasy! Can you post a picture, maybe you have some other type of fastener, you should need to rip it out? I know these plastic fasteners are confusing with all the diffrent styles out there.
I am at work now but I think you push it in and you can separate the pieces but the two parts are still attached to the plastic. My guess is that I would have to pry the two pieces from the plastic...or I guess I could bring the whole panel in....

When I get home I will take a photo of the hole and of the right side that still has the fastener in it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,298 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what does that clip look like? That's in the link, where does it go to, fairing trim clip?

I have used two diffrent push push pins on these panels, which one does yours look like?

View attachment 338058
It is that first one exactly. I even think you took a photo of the exact spot where mine is missing. I cannot answer re: the link from the above poster. The local auto parts store didn't have them so I am headed to a Suzuki dealer to grab one tomorrow. I will order some too for backup.
Thanks everyone. Have a good weekend.

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
It is that first one exactly. I even think you took a photo of the exact spot where mine is missing. I cannot answer re: the link from the above poster. The local auto parts store didn't have them so I am headed to a Suzuki dealer to grab one tomorrow. I will order some too for backup.
Thanks everyone. Have a good weekend.
I believe they are a 4mm size. You dont have to go to a Suzuki dealer technically. A lot of other MC use the same ones. Cycle Gear carries them as well. I would take the other one to match them up. Dont worry about pushing the center in too far. It will actually click. Just use a skinny screw driver or pick to push in the center. Then just wiggle the side panel side to side. You will see the pin start to come up. Then just grab it with your fingers.

Now to reset the pin, just push the sent piece back out so it is sticking up above the pin about an 1/8". There is a detent ther as well. You can cant miss it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I believe they are a 4mm size. You dont have to go to a Suzuki dealer technically. A lot of other MC use the same ones. Cycle Gear carries them as well. I would take the other one to match them up. Dont worry about pushing the center in too far. It will actually click. Just use a skinny screw driver or pick to push in the center. Then just wiggle the side panel side to side. You will see the pin start to come up. Then just grab it with your fingers.

Now to reset the pin, just push the sent piece back out so it is sticking up above the pin about an 1/8". There is a detent ther as well. You can cant miss it.

Thanks so much. Doing this tomorrow. This site is the best. I am 10+ years late to the M109 game but so glad I found both the bike and this place.
Have a great, safe weekend everyone.

Peter

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
Thanks so much. Doing this tomorrow. This site is the best. I am 10+ years late to the M109 game but so glad I found both the bike and this place.
Have a great, safe weekend everyone.

Peter
Once you get the pin out you can see how its a 2 piece system and how the detents work.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts

·
Registered
8,676 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Chk out a company called Auveco they have them by the thousands. Also, if you have an aftermarket auto body supplier near you, you could probably find something that will work there. I used to sell these clips and the aftermarket companies I sold them to stocked over 300 different pins.

https://www.auveco.com/product/auto.html

Good Luck:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts