M109 Rider Forums banner

plastic engine chrome

834 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  badm109 
#1 ·
My plastic side cover is discolored and scratched from where the dealer overfilled the oil .I wonder if they would replace it with the metal parts from a 2007?

#2 ·
I doubt if the dealer could pull it off. Plus, it might not even be one of the pieces Suzuki changed.

"New cylinder head cover, secondary cover and drive unit cover now feature chromed metal contruction for a high quality finish"

zebber said:
My plastic side cover is discolored and scratched from where the dealer overfilled the oil .I wonder if they would replace it with the metal parts from a 2007?

#4 ·
Beleive it or not , I stopped at the dealer I bought mine from (Suzuki of Jackson Ohio ) today on the way home from Columbus and wasn't even thinking about my scratched cover and I was talking to the service guy and the salesman that sold the bike to me about 109's and he asked if I knew about this site ,I said yes and had posted a few things on here .Well he asked if the zebber on this site was me and I said yes ,, he said that he had seen on here that I had some scratched side covers from where they fixed the overfill and if I would like for him to order some new ones !!!! I just about passed out !! Goes to show you not all dealers are crooks . I would recommend this place anytime. OH by the way they have a burple and a black 109 on the floor if anyones interested ,, I got mine for $11500.00 this past March and he threw in a nice full face helmet and a $59.00 pair of riding gloves and t-shirts for me & the wife.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.