M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon guys, my son and I are planning a vist to LA and Frisco in early Feb for a few days. Coming over for a first time from New Zealand. We would love to meet up and have a chat with some 109 ers. Also get the local low down on where to shop for a few things. Not after something for free and would like to meet the real locals. Hey happy to reciprocate if youre ever down under! Own a 2009 white 109 22000klms. All reples answered too. Cheers. Steve

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
When you have a firm date, I will do everything I can to ride up that way and meet up. I am not from that area, so hopefully some of my local buddies up there will chime in on the low down for shopping.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
It will be a great trip Steve.

There are some great people on this site and there ALLOT of fun. I can say that from experiance. I will be back in September 2011

I really hope you catch up with some of them

Rick

·
Registered
51 Posts
Afternoon guys, my son and I are planning a vist to LA and Frisco in early Feb for a few days. Coming over for a first time from New Zealand. We would love to meet up and have a chat with some 109 ers. Also get the local low down on where to shop for a few things. Not after something for free and would like to meet the real locals. Hey happy to reciprocate if youre ever down under! Own a 2009 white 109 22000klms. All reples answered too. Cheers. Steve
If you are coming all this way, you should atleast visit the real United States. LA and Frisco have nothing to do with the real America. The ride up the coast between the two is nice.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
If you are coming all this way, you should atleast visit the real United States. LA and Frisco have nothing to do with the real America. The ride up the coast between the two is nice.:bigthumbsup:
Geeze! shreveportSS Have you ever even been here? If you have nothing nice to say then please stay out of our chapter and go back to your swamp… ya Ogre

Babaji55, we welcome your visit. Please keep us up to date on your visit and we will be happy to show you around… I just moved here and it's a fantastic place to visit, it has a wonderful mix of all kinds of Americans and is a perfect example of the diversity of our country. I have lived in many places throughout the US and CA is definitely the most beautiful I've seen so far. For example, I shut off my GPS one day simple rode west, I got lost and ended up here.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Real America...LOL

Welcome 2 Californiay babaji05... when U get here :D

There are plenty of good Americans in California... were just out numbered here by many who I am ashamed of & sad but true they are as real as it gets. One of them from San Francisco just recently lost her job in Washington! :clap2:

Post up when you want a meet up & we will make it happen:bigthumbsup:

PS... I have 2 daughters & man do they know where 2 shop :p:p

·
Registered
51 Posts
Geeze! shreveportSS Have you ever even been here? If you have nothing nice to say then please stay out of our chapter and go back to your swamp… ya Ogre

Babaji55, we welcome your visit. Please keep us up to date on your visit and we will be happy to show you around… I just moved here and it's a fantastic place to visit, it has a wonderful mix of all kinds of Americans and is a perfect example of the diversity of our country. I have lived in many places throughout the US and CA is definitely the most beautiful I've seen so far. For example, I shut off my GPS one day simple rode west, I got lost and ended up here.
All the time. I said L.A. and San Fagcisco are not an example of America. I stand by that. Just because a state is geologically wonderful, does not give it's residents the right to claim ****hole metro areas to be anywhere near decent. Just leave your stuff unlocked or unattended for a few minutes and see what happens.
I travel all over the world and talk with people who have a terrible idea of what the United States is like simply because they have only been to Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Miami, etc, areas. You can see it right here on this forum when the Aussies think we exercise our second ammendment only because we are affraid of criminals.
When I am in Australia and the only thing they say about America is "Disneyland was wonderful" or "You have really big shopping malls", I just shake my head. They came a long way and didn't get to see a thing about what makes this country great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LA Bound

Yeh thanks guys. And when I say shopping I do mean helmets, leather pants maybe exhuast system. We are there from Monday 12 feb for about 10 days so open to all offers! And yes love to see and meet the real americans and America. we often look after the vets down here at the deep freeze base in Christchurch. Took them out after salmon in one of our 3 big rivers. Had a blast over the years and very much enjoyed their company. we are gonna hire a car to drive on the wrong side of the road so you all might be set to stay off. Anyway I will of course keep an eye out for any more responses and thanks to the guys who have responded we look forward to meeting you. Now you do have ice cold Stella up there?:evil:
Steve

·
Registered
285 Posts
Me and Shannon should be able to join up with you guys, we are in Orange - about 30 mins south of L.A.

There are some very beautiful and historic landmarks in California. L.A. has some amazing museums if you are into that sort of thing. There is also an overwhelming need for mercy and serving to many of its residents if that is up your alley. Plenty of things to do while in L.A.

If you plan on renting a motorcycle, then maybe we could put together a ride, that would be fun!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Welcome

If you plan your trip right, you can see a ton of stuff, and the sky is the limit. We have excellent options for moto gear. There are times that you want to avoid the Freeways here as LA traffic can get backed up. Wayne and I ride often with some of our local buds. So I'm sure we can connect somehow. He has put a message out to some of our Nor Cal riders too, so this should be a hoot:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. Ill keep looking on this thread and make it happen from there. just got the tickets all paid for so its all go. We arrive LAX early morning on the 6th and have 10 days. Had planned to drive up to Frisco at some stage but thats about it. Very open as well to any suggestions at what hotel to stay thats not off the track.. Whitestar,jacksuncle and vicraz, very open if we can get a chance to meet up and yes keen to hire a bike for a day just to ride. all good, love to meet you guys as its you guys who know the distance travel thing if you gave me a day, and where and when i would get there. Any drive by a shop that sells bike bits as mentioned would be great. By the way my son is 21 so theres no babysitting involved. Haha Love the ole west and museums.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Yeh thanks guys. And when I say shopping I do mean helmets, leather pants maybe exhuast system. We are there from Monday 12 feb for about 10 days so open to all offers! And yes love to see and meet the real americans and America. we often look after the vets down here at the deep freeze base in Christchurch. Took them out after salmon in one of our 3 big rivers. Had a blast over the years and very much enjoyed their company. we are gonna hire a car to drive on the wrong side of the road so you all might be set to stay off. Anyway I will of course keep an eye out for any more responses and thanks to the guys who have responded we look forward to meeting you. Now you do have ice cold Stella up there?:evil:
Steve
Got U on the shopping, lol know some good places,one with better prices but its over this way some 30 miles + from LA. Mountains & deserts are not far & either is a coast ride 2 get you backup to your hotel in LA if thats where you wish 2 stay.
Thats real cool you take care of the vets down there & you also have a beautiful country 2 salmon fish in. Yes we do have ice cold Stella up here... an ex lent brew choice & there are many others 2 choose from as well:D
Steve

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dates firm for kiwi visit to LA,SD and Frisco

Hi Guys, dates are firm for us coming over on 6th Feb at LA for a couple of days, then San Diego for 3 days then up to San Fran for 4 days until 15th Feb.
Would like to meet up with a few 109 ers, beer on me, get to feel real town usa instead of the tourist thing. Love to get some advice on best places to get leather pants, fishing gear and a helmet or two to bring back home. Love to reciprocate if you all ever decide to come down under. Look forward to hearing back if any one interested.
Cheers
Steve:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
It will be a great trip Steve.

There are some great people on this site and there ALLOT of fun. I can say that from experiance. I will be back in September 2011

I really hope you catch up with some of them

Rick
Rick Im having a DeJa Vu
:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
507 Posts
So, you arrive in LA Superbowl Sunday, most of us work during the week. Then you will be in San Francisco the following weekend (12&13). That pretty much accounts for my ride time. I do hope however, you get some good recommendations for gear. I don't know LA or San Diego well enough to recommend anything in those directions. You might google map several locations, post them & ask for feedback. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Enjoy your trip.

Hi Guys, dates are firm for us coming over on 6th Feb at LA for a couple of days, then San Diego for 3 days then up to San Fran for 4 days until 15th Feb.
Would like to meet up with a few 109 ers, beer on me, get to feel real town usa instead of the tourist thing. Love to get some advice on best places to get leather pants, fishing gear and a helmet or two to bring back home. Love to reciprocate if you all ever decide to come down under. Look forward to hearing back if any one interested.
Cheers
Steve:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey thanks sorry for delay just getting the business set up to run while Im away. Yep in LA on 7,8th down to SD on 9,10,11 Feb and out to San Fran after that. Thanks for your link Vicraz. We have put aside a couple of days in San Diego to have a sniff around mainly because the city has a reasonable public transport system. Any recomendations for shops in particular leather pants for big guys shop. lol Thanks foir helping us.
Steve

1 - 20 of 21 Posts