M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's very early to plan, but I have other people going. So, I just wanted to know some good places to ride to beside Daytona Beach. We'll probably staying around Cocoa Beach or Kissimmee, since it's much cheaper places to stay and don't really wanna get stuck in traffic in Daytona. Any Ideas???

·
Registered
651 Posts
Places to stay

Try Sanford, Deltona,Altamont Springs or Lake Mary they are all close to Daytona and pretty decent areas.:doorag:

·
Registered
462 Posts
A great place to hang out and also watch bikes cruise by is St Augustine....Florida is just not a cool "road" state to ride. Its a lot of straight highways. We get the joy of riding year round. You will also be within range of the Ocala National Forest which is a pretty nice ride. I live around Ocala and we usually end up riding to a big biker bar in Crystal River.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Already got reservations and have had them for 6 or 7 months. Will be at Hilton resort on the beach 1 block from main street Daytona Beach March 9 threw 13. And I can not wait. I think saturday is spring dash you get ride around Daytona speedway 2 laps,2 Tee shirts,2 Beers = $40.00. and they take pictures while riding around you can buy. We need to hook up if you are around at that time.
Dam Guy

·
Registered
480 Posts
Yeah like someone mentioned the sanford, deltona area is great. Only about 30 mins to main strip and if you want riding the mt dora-leesburg area that is about 30 mins from sanford provides some of the best riding in florida.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would check Deland, which is 20 minutes west of Daytona and as for riding, ride the state park in Ormand Beach Off US 1, whch runs up to Iron Horse Saloon, Broken Spoke and Destination Daytona.

Also Pm the dates you will be there and I will trip up.

·
Registered
608 Posts
If you are staying in Cocoa Beach and don't want to head south then on the way up to Daytona, you can first stop at the Port and then ride thru Kennedy Space Center and take that out to Highway 1 and head north to Daytona. Turn right on Donlawton and head beach side and ride North in from S. Daytona Shores.

That makes for a decent run up that avoids a lot of traffic.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The wife and I stay at the Comfort Inn right there on International Speedway Dr. last Feb. We even had a jacuzzi suite for the weekend :a18:. As we rode down A1A we seen some "not so nice looking motels" with big neon signs advertising biker specials $100 a night:edit: After seeing them the $250 a nite didn´t bother me half so much;) The big advantage was we were only minutes away from all the action. I hope you have much warmer weather then we did. Damn was it cold (compared to Germany it was warm but hey thats one of the reasons I was in Fl.:p)

·
Registered
824 Posts
I don't recommend staying down south in florida. the beaches are nice but the riding is not very good. you could stay in palatka and only be 1 hour from daytona with all kinds of good back roads to ride. I lived in the cocoa beach area most of my life and now live near palatka.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I will be staying at the Bahama House about half a mile from main street, from the 8th -13th. Have been going to Daytona for six years now and I love it. Each year more friends come along, it is an awesome time. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Already got reservations and have had them for 6 or 7 months. Will be at Hilton resort on the beach 1 block from main street Daytona Beach March 9 threw 13. And I can not wait. I think saturday is spring dash you get ride around Daytona speedway 2 laps,2 Tee shirts,2 Beers = $40.00. and they take pictures while riding around you can buy. We need to hook up if you are around at that time.
Dam Guy
good luck with the traffic!!! you will be saying DAM!!!!! alot. You should have a lot of fun. I am from the Cocoa Beach area (Navy has taken me away) I usually go to bike week, unfortunately I will be in Japan for the next two years, I leave Feb 2nd..........Have fun and ride safe

Dave

·
Registered
824 Posts
When you learn your way around Daytona you can actually avoid most of the traffic, unless you just have to go to Main Street, there is no way around that mess. But otherwise it really isn't that bad.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cajundog :agree:, if you know your way around, you can avoid most of the traffic. But it isn't all that bad unless you plan on always being around Main st.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Ill be there on the 9 of march to the 13, staying at the Daytona hilton. Great location to all the sites. I try to avoid main street, and hang out around Mary Bethune Cookman blvd.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Bearcat: That was my first M109 also.

The Mt. Dora and Leesburg areas are nice to stay at and you have many different ways to travel out to Daytona. :bigthumbsup: Nice but watch for the "Snow Birds" the can't drive. :cus:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts