M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are starting the planning process for a long (3,000-5,000 miles starting from Missouri) trip for June of next year. A couple of ideas that I already have are Missoula MT and I would visit Colorado Springs (buddy who is at Ft Carson), Grand Teton National Park and possibly visit some potato fields in Idaho.

My other idea is to head northeast and travel along Lake Erie and see Niagra Falls then see some covered bridges in Vermont and eat fresh seafood in Massachusetts. Another reason I would really like to do this one is that I could still make it for a day or two of the Mid Atlantic Meet and get to see a buddy that is at Walter Reed.

I am looking for good spots (not tourist traps) to see along the way along with good suggestions for roads to ride that would be memorable. If you have any info on good campgrounds or good deals on B&B's/hotels that would be great also. I am not sure camping will work since I don't know if I could actually fit everything we need onto the bike.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
your free to stay at my place. I know it is only 6 hours or so away but if you need it it is available. sounds like a fun trip.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
sounds like a blast Jeremy!! I sense a sore butt during the end of that long ride.... ;) And you better make it to the VA MEET !!!! And if you make it thru Columbus, Ohio I have a spare bedroom and bathroom if you need a night to crash.... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
your free to stay at my place. I know it is only 6 hours or so away but if you need it it is available. sounds like a fun trip.
Oorah! Thank you for the offer.
sounds like a blast Jeremy!! I sense a sore butt during the end of that long ride.... ;) And you better make it to the VA MEET !!!! And if you make it thru Columbus, Ohio I have a spare bedroom and bathroom if you need a night to crash.... :bigthumbsup:
I really am trying to convince the wife that 100+ 109's ripping through the BRP is gonna be a good time for her. We are leaning towards the east coast trip, so if we do end up doing that we will definently stop by for at least a day of riding and a night of drinking.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
I really am trying to convince the wife that 100+ 109's ripping through the BRP is gonna be a good time for her. We are leaning towards the east coast trip, so if we do end up doing that we will definently stop by for at least a day of riding and a night of drinking.
:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aww Mannnn ! i thought you Was Coming to Deals Gapp For the Pre-Meet ???
I will be there if my wife decides not to ride. She isn't very fond of riding with me while I am scraping pegs.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
Glad to hear that you are making the meet again JD. If you like to hike, there are some great tails around the Grand Tetons and more depending on how you are getting there. Let me know if you want some info and I can talk to you about it.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
...My other idea is to head northeast and travel along Lake Erie and see Niagra Falls then see some covered bridges in Vermont and eat fresh seafood in Massachusetts. Another reason I would really like to do this one is that I could still make it for a day or two of the Mid Atlantic Meet and get to see a buddy that is at Walter Reed.

If you have any info on good campgrounds or good deals on B&B's/hotels that would be great also.
I've used this website http://www.bbonline.com/ many, many times to stay at some awesome B&B's. Personally I dispise hotels/motels and will choose a B&B 100% of the time if I want a relaxing & enjoyable trip.

Not sure if you would have time to make it up to Maine, but if you could take Hwy 1 from Brunswick to Bar Harbor along the coast would be a terrific ride. And if your with your wife stopping & checking out all the little small fishing villages along the coast would be great and end up at Acadia National Park.

I stayed here before in Southwest Harbor, ME and it was great http://www.harbourcottageinn.com/

Scenery, the Ocean, Fresh Air, Lobster, Clam Chowder, Sailboats, Peaceful Harbors.......nice!

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
hey if you head to new england post on the new england forum and I will try to get the group together to ride with ya. the kangamangus hwy in new hampshire is a nice ride also a ride to the cape down 6a is nice and grab some seafood :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've used this website http://www.bbonline.com/ many, many times to stay at some awesome B&B's. Personally I dispise hotels/motels and will choose a B&B 100% of the time if I want a relaxing & enjoyable trip.

Not sure if you would have time to make it up to Maine, but if you could take Hwy 1 from Brunswick to Bar Harbor along the coast would be a terrific ride. And if your with your wife stopping & checking out all the little small fishing villages along the coast would be great and end up at Acadia National Park.

I stayed here before in Southwest Harbor, ME and it was great http://www.harbourcottageinn.com/

Scenery, the Ocean, Fresh Air, Lobster, Clam Chowder, Sailboats, Peaceful Harbors.......nice!
That sounds great, it will all depend on how long we can be away from home. Thanks for the info.

hey if you head to new england post on the new england forum and I will try to get the group together to ride with ya. the kangamangus hwy in new hampshire is a nice ride also a ride to the cape down 6a is nice and grab some seafood :bigthumbsup:
Sounds great, I will keep that in mind. Once we finalize our plans I will post in the NE forum to see who would like to meet up for a seafood ride.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We have a rough plan now (no exact roads yet). We will be leaving around the middle of June and will take off from home (Fort Leonard Wood, MO) and will ride to Nashville, TN to visit my wife's family. The next day we will ride to Knoxville, TN/Asheville, NC (hopefully to ride with some 109's). We will probably stay two nights to ride as many of the roads in that area as possible. From there we will head to the coastal region of South Carolina, we will stay overnight and take off for North Carolina to visit some friends that live at Fort Bragg. Then we will head towards Staunton VA to partake in a day or two of the Mid Atlantic meet . Next stop will be D.C. to visit a friend of mine who is at Walter Reed. From there we would like to see some coastal NE action, possibly Massachusetts, Connecticut, or Delaware. Then head home with a possible stop around Lake Erie or somewhere else that catches our attention.

We would like to ride as much of the BRP as possible and are still debating whether camping will work or not. I don't think we will have the room to pack all the gear required to camp.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Oops this answers my question from the other thread.

Sounds like an ambitious trip. Lots of good stops. Yeah I would definitely recommend jumping on the BRP in Cherokee, NC and riding that north to Asheville, NC and as far north (all the way to VA) if you can. That's over 400 miles of the best road in the entire Eastern U.S. It can get busy in spots on the weekend but if you can ride it during the M-F workweek you'll have the entire mountains and BRP practically to yourself. Me & my wife are talking about doing the same thing next Summer as well.

If you've never been to Niagara Falls before it's worth seeing in person once on your loop back home.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts