M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I S*** you not... I nearly gave a guy in a Dodge Ram a frickin' coronary today. When will they ever learn?

This doofus with flames and crap painted all over his truck comes up on my 6 like white on rice. He screams around me. I crack the throttle in 3rd and pass. He passes me again with the hammer down. I smoke the dude again. We come to a light and he apparantly still hasn't had enough. He's revving and looking over at me. Light turns green, I leave about 50 feet on the asphault -- bye bye -- and then wait for him at the next light.

I look over at the guy. He's plate bald, and his whole head and face are red as a beet. He's breathing heavily, his veins are bulging, his teeth are gritted together. I kinda feel a little sorry for this poor loser, but quickly dispel those feelings and decide to have a little fun with him and his big bad truckster. You know how a cat will torture a mouse just for fun before he kills it?  :D

We got a whole string of green lights up ahead. This poor bastard has the hammer down the whole way. I keep letting him catch up, them leave him behind, then let him catch up, then leave, over and over. He looks like he's about to pass out at this point.

We reach the last light at the edge of town. Eight miles of US 51 until the next signal. I let him get a good 50 yard lead on me and then figure it's just about dinnertime. But I just couldn't resist... after I couldn't see him anymore, I pull a U-turn in the street just so he'll see me head on when he finally catches up. As he approaches, I flash a peace sign. He gives me the finger and just keeps on truckin'... LOL

What lessons did we learn from this?

1) Flames do not make truck go fast.
2) Some people have no sense of humor.
3) 3rd is my favorite gear.

Man, that was fun.  :#1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Great Story, funny thing is I have an inbretard in a flaming dodge around here too. Haven't met it at a light yet....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
I'd pass on that situation...to risky these days, he may have done something stupid....but you kicked his ass and that's what is important :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
polartek said:
Just don't make them so mad they turn you into a hood ornament!

- Polartek
Yeah, you're absolutely right. This didn't occur to me until well after, but thinking back on it, you can never tell how unstable a person like this could be. Probably wouldn't try it again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Wanted said:
I S*** you not... I nearly gave a guy in a Dodge Ram a frickin' coronary today. When will they ever learn?

This doofus with flames and crap painted all over his truck comes up on my 6 like white on rice. He screams around me. I crack the throttle in 3rd and pass. He passes me again with the hammer down. I smoke the dude again. We come to a light and he apparantly still hasn't had enough. He's revving and looking over at me. Light turns green, I leave about 50 feet on the asphault -- bye bye -- and then wait for him at the next light.

I look over at the guy. He's plate bald, and his whole head and face are red as a beet. He's breathing heavily, his veins are bulging, his teeth are gritted together. I kinda feel a little sorry for this poor loser, but quickly dispel those feelings and decide to have a little fun with him and his big bad truckster. You know how a cat will torture a mouse just for fun before he kills it? :D

We got a whole string of green lights up ahead. This poor bastard has the hammer down the whole way. I keep letting him catch up, them leave him behind, then let him catch up, then leave, over and over. He looks like he's about to pass out at this point.

We reach the last light at the edge of town. Eight miles of US 51 until the next signal. I let him get a good 50 yard lead on me and then figure it's just about dinnertime. But I just couldn't resist... after I couldn't see him anymore, I pull a U-turn in the street just so he'll see me head on when he finally catches up. As he approaches, I flash a peace sign. He gives me the finger and just keeps on truckin'... LOL

What lessons did we learn from this?

1) Flames do not make truck go fast.
2) Some people have no sense of humor.
3) 3rd is my favorite gear.

Man, that was fun. :#1:
Wanted, you are a mad man! LOL :bigthumbsup:. Just BE careful. That guy could have turned killer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,121 Posts
300CREW said:
Wanted, you are a mad man! LOL :bigthumbsup:. Just BE careful. That guy could have turned killer.
Yeah be careful... He could have turned killer and attacked some slow Harley rider :eek: when he realized he could not catch you... :D
 
G

·
That is what give safe drivers like me a bad reputation and have people all over the country screaming for anti motorcycling legislation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oldfart said:
That is what give safe drivers like me a bad reputation and have people all over the country screaming for anti motorcycling legislation.
Can't really argue with you. :redfaced:
 
G

·
Don't mean to be argumentative but with the number of caged ideats on the road a person on two wheels just can't afford to take the risk. Too many states are turning cagers lose that have killed bikers in an accident. With my luck I would get killed and still end up getting a sitation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
bah, nothin wrong with havin some fun as long as you are safe about it. that means no other cars or pedestrians around, and are an experienced rider. just stuff you have to gauge in the moment.

as for car drivers being pissed off, i couldn't care less what any cager thinks. in fact, i'd rather them be pissed off at me for whatever reason rather than not notice me at all.

pipes too loud? start paying attention to the cyclists you are killing. bike zips around faster than your $50,000 sports car? too bad, it's simple physics, it doesn't mean the cyclist is breaking the law...don't be jealous. there may be speed limits, but there is no such thing as an acceleration limit.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top