M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to be a lot of discussion on tires (tyres) lately... not surprising as a bunch of us are well over 5000 miles...

I also agree when you change, change both... unless someone just wore out your new rear tire on a standing burnout (but no one would do that right Lamont?)
:D

I've always been a big Pirelli fan (from way back) - corning and holding lines - fantastic tire.

They've got a Diablo that looks to be the perfect fit - 240/40ZR18M/CTL (79W)
but
they DON'T have anything in an 18 inch 130 front
:confused:

Anyway - point of the thread is keep watching Pirelli - if they get a front solution in the Diablo - I'm betting this will be the perfect set for the bike.
:doorag:

·
Registered
696 Posts
when i decide which brand to go with... jury still out (duh...not a dunny)... i will change both front and rear.. like to have same brand front and rear... then... wear will take care of the rest...mjm

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that I didn't know... when did that happen... you'd think that if they are owned by the same conglomerate, they'd both have 130 18's...

...update...

I sent an email to their tech division - got to the end and hit submit and "Page not found"

Called... some bimbo didn't understand anything (freakin' CSR's) but had one less blonde hair cuz she put me to a tech's voice mail...

...that guy called back but he's probably got the extra blonde hair cuz his voice mail said to check the website for products...

MY QUESTION WAS IF THERE ARE PLANS.... for the 130/18

(sigh) ::)

·
Registered
600 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
Pirelli is owned by Metzeler.
You sure it's not the other way around? I worked for Pirelli in California for 9 years, making high-performance P-Zero and Scorpion SUV tires. They are a huge, worldwide company. They not only make tires but are a world supplier of fiberoptic cable (I heard when I worked for them that the cable made them more money than tires did :eek: ) I'm not trying to start an arguement - it just caught me by surprise when you mentioned that someone had "bought" Pirelli :confused:

Bluecruzer, here's a review of the Diablo and some info on what Pirelli/Metzeler are planning in the future:
:Click: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=372

·
Registered
703 Posts
When I was doing track days I used the Pirelli Diablo Corsa and they were by far the best bang for the buck! Them tires had amasing grip and could take a bunch of heat cycles. I never had a issue with grip or wear as long as I ran the right air pressure in them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts