M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I was supposed to get a Metzeler ME880 for the rear of my 90, "200/50/17" Well the guy that ordered it some how ordered the wrong tire or the factory shipped the wrong tire, anyways I got a Pirelli Diablo in the 200/50/17..... this was on a friday and we had a ride Saturday morning @ 8am.... So I told him to stick it on.... well we went on our ride about 300+ miles that day... and all was great, the next day I went out on my own without the wife and sent thru some twisties, and wow mucho better that the factory bridgestone, I feel more secure in the turns.

My question is I had guy tell me that the sidewalls will blow out cause it is on a heavy bike??? It had the same load rating and psi of the factory bridgestone, I know this is meant to be more of a race tire for sportbikes but do I really have to worry about the tire blowing out??

Thanks guys!

G

·
Ok so I was supposed to get a Metzeler ME880 for the rear of my 90, "200/50/17" Well the guy that ordered it some how ordered the wrong tire or the factory shipped the wrong tire, anyways I got a Pirelli Diablo in the 200/50/17..... this was on a friday and we had a ride Saturday morning @ 8am.... So I told him to stick it on.... well we went on our ride about 300+ miles that day... and all was great, the next day I went out on my own without the wife and sent thru some twisties, and wow mucho better that the factory bridgestone, I feel more secure in the turns.

My question is I had guy tell me that the sidewalls will blow out cause it is on a heavy bike??? It had the same load rating and psi of the factory bridgestone, I know this is meant to be more of a race tire for sportbikes but do I really have to worry about the tire blowing out??

Thanks guys!
Well, look at that. There's more out there than Metz. Shocking.

You guys got a lot more to choose from in rubber than the 109 guys do. Metz, Dun or Avon pretty much on the rear. I run an Avon rear and Bridgestone front.

About the tire blowing, that's funny. If it meets the load rating, you're fine. I'd like to hear more about this guy. He sounds interesting.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

You guys got a lot more to choose from in rubber than the 109 guys do. Metz, Dun or Avon pretty much on the rear. I run an Avon rear and Bridgestone front.

About the tire blowing, that's funny. If it meets the load rating, you're fine. I'd like to hear more about this guy. He sounds interesting.
He was a store manager @ a Cycle Gear, I had to go by that place to bid some maintenance work for the landlord. I did not really belive what he was saying, but did get me thinking just wanted some other opinions.

I ran the Metz on my old bike and liked the tread life and the feel, and the way it looks, that is why I was going to go with another Metz.

Kawzx7
My 90 came with the Bridgestone, no Dunflop..maybe the 109's come with the Dunlops but my 90 came with the bridgestone, and I was not impressed with it.

Thanks for the input guys, so far so good with the Pirelli, I will see how it does over the coming months

G

·
Kawzx7
My 90 came with the Bridgestone, no Dunflop..maybe the 109's come with the Dunlops but my 90 came with the bridgestone, and I was not impressed with it.
You must mean Paladin, I know what they come with.

Coincidentally, Pirelli founded Metzeler, but I don't know if they share everything.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cause everything I read say Excedra, something spelt like that, but mine just had some numbers on it and did not say excedra

·
Registered
378 Posts
I agree I have ran them on both sports and the m109. Like he said as longs you meet the
Load rating. The strange thing to me is tire his tire that and some guys don't even weight jock weight. So ride on whether its a heavy bike or not put 300 lbs of man on it YOU just added one hell of a load. Just stay in the range u will be ok.FYI you won't get the miles like a dunny but you will get the performance.. it all depends on how you ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts