M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep telling myself to wait for more options on pipes... But the waiting is killing me.
I'm looking at either the Cobras Drags or the Cobras Speedsters Slash. I know at 1st there were issues with the Slash being to long, which I think that's all taken care of now. Does the picture on your site give accurate view where the pipes end? Just past the center of the rear wheel?? Or do they extend further out?
Sorry, not trying to beat this subject to death. I like where they end in the picture...

Thnx! :bigthumbsup:

http://directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6046&str=290&ID=750970903

·
Registered
665 Posts
Lamont,how did your washer baffel,work out? Did it cut the power down allot? :dontknow:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Ron S said:
Lamont,how did your washer baffel,work out? Did it cut the power down allot? :dontknow:
None that I could tell by the butt dyno. It helped a bunch but it's was still not as quiet as the Speedsters.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Yeah,My Dragsters have a high pitched sound. I wish V&H would get withit and make a set of pipes for this bike.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was the tone different between the 2 pipes?
Loud is nice, but looking for that "lower deep tone"... I had a VTX 1300 with HK's 3"; that to me sounded really nice, but it was abit to loud.

·
Registered
898 Posts
J R said:
Ron, I know this sounds crazy but when I ran the dragsters I pulled the baffles and altho they where still loud the deeper sound made the kinda sound better or seemingly not as loud cause they had a deeper sound... BUT loud dont get me wrong.Just changed the pitch to a lower on ,not as rough on the ears.I also gaind h.p by removing the baffles in ever test I ever did between having them and not having them.FYI
I need a fab shop in my garage :realmad: Just can't seem to justify it...

khrome

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HalGreenlee said:
Looks about right but you may want to check Cobra's site as they changed the photos to be more accurate.
More like this then?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok bro! Now you are KILLING me... When we hookin up? I gotta hear'em!

·
Registered
936 Posts
were gonna hook up soon, write now she's in the shop.if not soon for sure for the Galveston rally, I'd like for all of us too ride down there together everybody from summerwood, eagle springs, spring, Katy tomball, pearland(our buddy z) t-rod and all of our friends.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts