M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading all the post about the exhaust mod and decided to drill the eight holes, started with 1/4 and moved up until i got the sound i liked, ended up at 9/16, sounds great ! I have not drilled out the baffels just yet, will i get a deeper sound by doing so? if so how much and is it worth the trouble.

P.S. finnished the pipes and rode to my brothers house to cure the high deg. paint, when i was leaving i noticed coolant on the left side (1690 mi) so i took it to the dealer, he told me 3to 4 days to fix it.
should have brought it home and fixed it myself!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Took me about 45 minutes to take everything off and get to the little clamp on the hose that is connected between the two heads.  Then it was about another 45 to reinstall everything . I don't put a lot off trust into the Stealers.

G

·
Swede said:
Took me about 45 minutes to take everything off and get to the little clamp on the hose that is connected between the two heads. Then it was about another 45 to reinstall everything . I don't put a lot off trust into the Stealers.
+1
If you have any mechanical experiance at all,,trust me, fix it your self.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I must have gone brain dead for a bit, because i do have mechanical experience, spent 19 yrs as an emergency equipment mechanic, but looking at the coolant tweak me and i took it to the dealer, what was i thinking?
besides the leak and a screw in the front tire (2nd day i owned the 109) i love this bike.
It gets more attention than any bike i have owned, and chicks dig it what more could you want.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Its funny because my neighbors asked why I did not take it to the Stealer since it was under warranty. I just said that I can do it in 1/8th the time that they can. I did not want my bike sitting there for 4 or 5 days as to what everyone else is doing. If you can do a jig saw puzzle then I bet you can dismantel this bike. It all comes apart and goes back together rather easily....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hmm I just had my bike serviced today and now I see coolant on the left side when they service the bike is there any need for them to play with coolant hoses

·
Registered
750 Posts
Hey X is it your first service.   After mine I noticed the same thing.  Pulled my bike apart and found the coolant hose connecting the cylinders together was loose.  So I tightened both clamps and have put over 250miles on it since then and no leak to be found. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
171 Posts
COOLANT LEAK

Well, I just experienced the coolant leak a few days ago, around 2400 miles on the bike. The reservoir shows coolant at the proper level, but there was a bunch of green crap all coming down from under the cylinders and sprayed back across the iginition, etc.

Took it to the dealer. The first thing the guy said to me was "Leaking Oil?". I said, no, it is leaking coolant.

He looked puzzled when I asked for a rental car since I was leaving the bike with them. They took a quick look at the bike and came back and said all the coolant was gone. Uh, wouldn't I be getting a coolant level, overheating warning light or something? All I have been experiencing lately is the radiator fan coming on a little more frequently than when the bike was new. Been riding around in 80 to 90F conditions.

I told him about the other issues like the valve chatter, the chugging, the squeeky rear brake. He said all that was normal.

Am I screwed with these guys or what?

And the Extended Protection thing I bought only covers a rental up to $20 a day. What the hell is that? Who can get a rental for $20? Got one for $30 but still that is crap.

I will let you all know how this repair goes. First time the bike is back to the dealer. This is not the one I bought the bike from.

Anyway, this is Mission Motorsports in Irvine, California.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey Mac pilot Did you buy yours from Hahm Motorsports in Anaheim CA Just Checking Because I am looking for another Dealer to work on mine Thanks for any feed back LRG1800

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i got my 109 back today,it only took them 2 days to get it done. its great to have the 109 back but riding going to be interesting due to freshly broken right ankle. Broke it on the 4th walked on for a week before the doctor calls to tell me the ankles broken, just glad its the brake side. Don't which is worse doctors or dealers!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Got it a Hahm in Costa Mesa on Newport Blvd.

They are crooks. Charged me almost $900 freight. Don't think it cost that much if anything, and I heard Suzuki reimburses the dealers for shipping anyway.

Mission Motorsports has not bothered to call me with any status update. I have had to call them twice and so far it is not ready yet. Weak.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts