M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a pipe that won't take HP away . I like the Sideburner but some say they lost power . I also like the Velocity . I have a 08 with Ducks intakes and fi2000r . I'd like some sound , I just don't want to piss everybody off . Any suggestions ? Thanks

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Your options are getting thin. If you can wait till roughly June, ther might be a good option with the new V&H pipe---but only time will tell. If you can even find a velocity, you can not go wrong there, but good luck. Raw? if you can wait a few months. Sideburner, just do the search, Any 2 into 2, you will not gain much--but I think some models sound better than a 2 into 1. Just some info and MO.

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Your options are getting thin. If you can wait till roughly June, ther might be a good option with the new V&H pipe---but only time will tell. If you can even find a velocity, you can not go wrong there, but good luck. Raw? if you can wait a few months. Sideburner, just do the search, Any 2 into 2, you will not gain much--but I think some models sound better than a 2 into 1. Just some info and MO.
What new V & H pipe? Are they finally going to do that V-Rod pipe they have made for years, for the 109? I hope so, I've been waiting a long time for that.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I'm looking for a pipe that won't take HP away . I like the Sideburner but some say they lost power . I also like the Velocity . I have a 08 with Ducks intakes and fi2000r . I'd like some sound , I just don't want to piss everybody off . Any suggestions ? Thanks
Being that you have the intakes and the FI2000, just about any set of pipes won't lose power. I picked up some power after installing Cobra swepts, FI2000, and K&Ns.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Being that you have the intakes and the FI2000, just about any set of pipes won't lose power. I picked up some power after installing Cobra swepts, FI2000, and K&Ns.
Are you basing this on the dyno tests you have done with various sets of pipes ? or just pulling this out of your butt ?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Just install a great mod like a cold air intake? Electric supercharger? Big Muffler? Magnetic fuel line ionizer? Awesome wing? Are you getting no respect from your friends for your newly found power? As we all know, these are high end and sophisticated modifications. Some may be TOO sophisticated to actually show up on a traditional dyno. So here we have: The Butt Dyno. Simply place it in the seat, and drive fast, weaving in and out of traffic. (On a race course, of course.) Now you can tell your friends with confidence "That oil-saturated air filter gave me 20 horses!"

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=41

Only $400!!!

·
Banned
46 Posts
I went with synthetic greased wheel bearings. Did a before and after dyno and picked up 8rwhp due to less resistance. No need for pipes and intakes. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,562 Posts

I went on a crash diet and lost 100 lbs.... so the hrs power to weight ratio is awesome.... now I am so little now I have a hard time holding onto all the power....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts