M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone used a small holesaw with an extension to drill through the middle of the small hole without removing the whole backend of pipe? i can't find alot on this subject.
i have seen a debaffled pipe but the backwall was still in there. i'm not sure if you should driil through there or not. dont want to do it and then have to debaffle later. i'm not sure if i'd lose power or it would be too loud or something. all of the modified pipe pics i've seen just have the baffle removed with the back metal plate still in place. let me know.

john

·
Registered
225 Posts
I took a 1-3/8" hole saw and 12" extension and drill out the "FIRST" baffle plug. (There is a second on about a foot and a half futher up the pipe). But this did make it louder under a load , which is what I was wanting.

If I was to rate the sound that I have heard and read about here, with "0" being stock and drag pipes a "10"

I would rate this mod sound at a 3 to 4.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any gain or lose of power? is the throttle smoother or about the same? thanks.

john

·
Registered
126 Posts
Any pics or step by step instructions out there for the baffling of the pipes. Sounds like something that I want to do. Like the look of the stock pipes compared to anything else out right now. Hope that something similar looking to the V-Rod exhausts comes out later down the road but for now would be satisfied in a meaner sound. How long did it take to remove the baffles? Does it make the bike run lean or hurt the performance?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts