M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I want a 2-1 pipe not just because they out perform 2-2's but another consideration I have concluded I need is access to the rear axle. I have had other cruisers and they all seem to have the access to the axle blocked by 2-2 pipes and I really do not want to remove pipes or shocks to drop the swingarm to get to the axle.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Why would you have to drop the swingarm to get to the axle? It just pulls out. Am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
depends on how the axle is placed, as far as which side it is pulled out from. I went back out and looked at the M109R again and they actually did it up right. the nut is on the right side by the pipes but can still be loosened. then you pull it out from the left side. I was thinking about the cruiser bike I traded in and it had to come out on the right where the pipes were. the only choices on that one was remove one of the pipes or loosen the shock mounts and drop the swingarm down (bike jacked up) to pull the axle out under the pipes. I will wait until a good 2-1 comes out, I have had experience with 2-2's and 2-1's on v twins and even though the 2-2's have a slightly better over all look they never produce the HP a 2-1 does.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Doesn't the OEM pipe have an EXUP valve? By switching to an after market pipe does that effect the exup?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there is a fix for the SET light illuminating after a pipe change. the wire that feeds the info to the computer on the SET valve is removed from the connector so the computer is happy and no light.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Vance & hines is working on a 2-1 for the 109 and I am working on a intake for myself. I will top all this off with a Power Commander and a small shot of laughing gas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts