M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys with aftermarket pipes (cobra I guess) managed to burn your calves yet. :cus:

I do like the shields on the stock system.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Cobra Drags are smaller Circumference and are a lot further away from legs...The new ones are also double walled, and believe it or not, Ive bumped em and the are hot but didn't fry the skin off like other... :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Skin on Pipe is brutal. :eek: With pants on , if you just left it on the pipe for a few seconds, youd feel the heat, and it would be noticeable, but You should always wear pants to protect yourself. And there is no Dumb question, You might get bashed occasionally, but just ignore them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
sister in law recived good burn from my 109 2 weeks ago looked pretty bad . pipes further back are very hot and she was wearing shorts . she just brused against the bike wile it was parked. very hot outside here in oklahoma but still recomend jeans anytime on bike.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ditto. I have several scars on my leg from pipes burning me. The stock shields seem to work well. The replacements might work as long as there is a shield on the pipes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts