M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey JR been doing some hard thinking about a 109. I have a question and figured you would be a good one to answer it. I am wondering how the 109 fairs in the back roads, curves and good sweeper rideing. You know over on the Busa boards I am big into back road rideing.

I took my bros 1200 sportser custome out this past weekend. Took it through my favorite section of back roads, about 75miles of hard curves. I was amazed how light it is and how stable it felt in the curves, was doing 25-30 mph over the posted with ease. I did grind a nice spot on the underside of the pipe so this brings up a question.

How stable does the bike feel in the curves, is there any issue with heavy lean angles. How does it feel when leaned over compared to the Busa, not so much speed, just feedback and the ability to trust the bike. Last thing does it wear you out if you maintain a good pace with alot of curves??

Figured since you was a Busa guy you would relate to these ?? alot more then cruiser guys.

All comments are welcome, really want once of these, just want to make sure it will fit my rideing style. Thankd guys.

P.S Black 109 rocks :evil:

G

·
Quijinn, I'm sure JR will respond when he see his ping.....we've been outside for the last couple of hours.

But, I think he'll say.....due to how low the bike is, that alot of stuff scrapes when you lean a 109 over, in tight turns.

The more "minor" changes he makes.....the more it acts like a V-Max, which was pretty much a straight line rocket.

I know he hasen't lowered his 109, but it still doesen't have alot of ground clearence.....especially the way HE takes corners.

But, like I said, I'm sure he will respond.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HAHAH sweet bud, really thinking hard about this. I fell in love with the 109 soon as I seen it at the dealer, I was like wtf is this monster I got to have one haha. Course I have always been a sportbike guy and never even road a cruiser till my dad built his. Then my uncle got one and 15 of there friends and my brother haha. So on rides I am the odd man out, that sportster suprised me on the back roads, but it lays down on the open road. After being on a Bus I need the power hahah. I might try to get one before the season lets out, or maybe in the spring. I really want one haha. Thanks for the info guys, good to know for sure. If work is not so heavy I will try to get to Daytona, been along time since I been to a bike fest, last time was when I lived in St Pete haha.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Quote JR "also you will be happy to know this SOB will wheelie all freaking day long to over 100 m.p.h so like i say it does it all and is comfy...welcome to the board BUY ONE MAN"

I would really REALLY like to see a video of that PLEASE .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts