M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on my stock risers :D i'm gonna blackout them tomorrow :evil: maybe the handlebars too .... not sure .... for those who are "experts", can it be dangerous to modify the stock risers that way ? :eek: Does anyone else do something similar to that before ?:redfaced:

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
I have a set that I cut the whole center out.... And gonna get them chromed ... looks good !!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Are they water jet cut?

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I'm working on my stock risers :D i'm gonna blackout them tomorrow :evil: maybe the handlebars too .... not sure .... for those who are "experts", can it be dangerous to modify the stock risers that way ? :eek: Does anyone else do something similar to that before ?:redfaced:
Those look pretty nice! And with the weight loss you picked up another 5 MPH, sweet 8)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
That's nice work my french brother!! :bigthumbsup: You'll be fine and the blacked out look will be sweet!!!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Cool

They really look kick azz bro.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
is there anything you need to worry about suck as cracking ?:-\

·
Registered
655 Posts
I really like what you have done and I would not worry at all about them cracking. I was thinking if you black out the risers then all of your handy work will be hard to see. It will just blend in. I like the idea of polishing them but it is your bike and if you like black then go for it.

Keep up the cool mods

·
Registered
389 Posts
I hope not :eek: it's the reason why i ask about it in my first comment in this thread ;)
First, you are not actually modifying the primary structure of the riser. Second, as long as you round the cut corners and smooth them, your chances of a stress crack are next to nothing. If you thin the primary outer structure too much, the chances of cracking greatly increase.

In short, you are good as built....:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I really like what you have done and I would not worry at all about them cracking. I was thinking if you black out the risers then all of your handy work will be hard to see. It will just blend in. I like the idea of polishing them but it is your bike and if you like black then go for it.

Keep up the cool mods
I blackout them today :D i will see how they look on my bike .... and decide after that ... thx for your opinion :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
First, you are not actually modifying the primary structure of the riser. Second, as long as you round the cut corners and smooth them, your chances of a stress crack are next to nothing. If you thin the primary outer structure too much, the chances of cracking greatly increase.

In short, you are good as built....:bigthumbsup:
Thanks for all the info, really appreciate that :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts