M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride with the wife today on the pigtrail had a blast. Took my camera and didnt get a single pic sorry i forgot to make sure the battery wasnt dead :realmad:

Anyways i saw a green house with a white 109 parked out front near the junction of hwy 16 and hwy 23, Anyone on this board by chance?

stopped off at the Panda Restaurant off exit 85 from hwy 540. Great food as always.

Sorry no pics next time ill check the batteries.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
I have ridden the Pig Trail twice this year. First time was with my old V-star, tons of pictures, in August was on my Burple Baby, not a single pic. I saw no other 109s while I was down there. I will be back down there to ride in April.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,343 Posts
How bout lettin' a brother in on the Pig Trail rides...

I live a little over an hour from the pig trail and would gladly have joined!  :(

I rode down 7 through the "Ozark Grand Canyon" Very Scenic... I didn't even know it was there until I stumbled on to it...

And as for pics... I just plain forgot the camera, Again...   :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
On my last trip down there, in August, we rode the Pig Trail the first day, then down 7 hwy the second day. We rode from Harrison to Russellville and then back up west of there toward Flippin.

I like 7 a little better than 23. Next year we plan to ride 7 all the way to Hot Springs.

We'll be down in April, all are welcome to join in!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,599 Posts
when I was there in August,I did almost the same route newt.It is very scenic and we will be back.Ya'll are lucky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
tworangerted said:
when I was there in August,I did almost the same route newt.It is very scenic and we will be back.Ya'll are lucky.
no so lucky, i live up in KC area, it's about 4 hours just to get down to north edge of arkansas. that's why i only make it twice a year. like i said, we plan to come back down there in the spring, i will post a message in advance so that you and anyone else can join us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,343 Posts
fignewt3 said:
On my last trip down there, in August, we rode the Pig Trail the first day, then down 7 hwy the second day. We rode from Harrison to Russellville and then back up west of there toward Flippin.

I like 7 a little better than 23. Next year we plan to ride 7 all the way to Hot Springs.

We'll be down in April, all are welcome to join in!
7 Is a lot of fun... 7 and 23(The Pig Trail portion of it) are different types of rides. The pig trail is more technical with Switchbacks and alot of sharp turns. Great place to practice breaking and entering / exiting corners. 7 has a LOT of 40 and 50 mph curves so you can really run it hard and get the bike WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY leaned over... :evil:

You will enjoy the ride on 7 down to Hot Springs. With the exception of about 1 hour of it (near Russellville) it is an exceptional ride!
:doorag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,599 Posts
newt,I plan on bringing the 9 down over Thanksgiving...maybe a small ride is in order?(BTW,4 hours to ES would be cool....I'm in Sioux Falls SD!)
 
G

·
Just got back from Eureka Springs today. I was really, really kicking my self in the ass for taking the cage, lol...there were tons of bikes there and I told the wife we should take the "Trail" back....Hmmmm.....overruled because she had to go to the %%$#$#^%^ Target in Fayetteville....doh! Anyway, we need to get together and ride sometime...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
765 Posts
I did the April ride to the Pig Trail with Fignewt , but sadly could not make the August ride. I had a lot of fun riding in Arkansas and I'm looking forward to the trip next April. Eureka Springs is a nice town to ride a bike through.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,172 Posts
2006moy said:
Went for a ride with the wife today on the pigtrail had a blast. Took my camera and didnt get a single pic sorry i forgot to make sure the battery wasnt dead :realmad: Sorry no pics next time ill check the batteries.
From MO and ya didn't show us!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JUtah said:
How bout lettin' a brother in on the Pig Trail rides...

I live a little over an hour from the pig trail and would gladly have joined! :(

I rode down 7 through the "Ozark Grand Canyon" Very Scenic... I didn't even know it was there until I stumbled on to it...

And as for pics... I just plain forgot the camera, Again...  :D
HEHE sorry i was just inspired i got out of the semi and the weather was just nice enough I.E. no rain. Wife said lets go riding i suited up so fast i didnt think about the invite. Ill send ya a pm next time i run down around that area. There are just a ton of great areas to ride around table rock lake, down by Kimberling City etc etc. :doorag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
Sboden and I (along with a few non 109ers) will likely be back down around Eureka and the Pig Trail next April. I will also be down there later in the summer for a weekend.

I know that when we go down, we'll stay at the Swiss Villiage Inn in Eureka Springs. The rates are good and they have a heated pool and good location in town.

Sboden and I are both PGR as well! Glad to see other PGR on this site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fignewt3 said:
Sboden and I (along with a few non 109ers) will likely be back down around Eureka and the Pig Trail next April. I will also be down there later in the summer for a weekend.

I know that when we go down, we'll stay at the Swiss Villiage Inn in Eureka Springs. The rates are good and they have a heated pool and good location in town.

Sboden and I are both PGR as well! Glad to see other PGR on this site.
Well around mid september we are planning to spend a couple days in Eureka. Maybe we can get together and ride a bit. I dont know the exact dates yet but tenatively it would be the week that september 16 falls on (anniversary).

As far as during the spring just around the april area im sure ill be out full force then as well. :bigthumbsup:

In may (not sure exact times yet either) we are planning to run down south of dallas to the Scarborough Ren Faire for a couple days. On the way back north weve discussed stopping at Medieval Times and eating D/FW area. Then drop off at Muskogee for the castle a couple days then head back to the house. :doorag:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top