M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... just found the board. Here are some pics of mine... debadged, deleted signals, tag bracket on shaft side, slammed, Arlen mirrors, moved tach etc. Tell me what you think. We're doin some swing arm work and trying to do a 280 here now :)

G

·
Awesome! I can't tell what you did with the tag and how did you lower it? Did you lower the front? How did you do it? Inquiring minds want to know! You don't live around Orlando, FL do you?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.... please excuse the reflector bolts..... just been to lazy to change them. Rear has a set of custom bones, but I'll probably end up strutting it down a little lower. The front isn't lowered any yet, we're maching some spacers to allow the fork tubes to be slid... also waiting on another kick stand so I can cut that and chrome it before Myrtle bike week and not have any down time.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The back of the bike looks awesome. Simple and clean lines. Send in somemore pics when you get the license frame done. Are you going to do anything up front where the tach used to be or just leave it as is? Also, is the tach lowered into the front light assembly? I couldn't tell for sure.

G

·
I didn't even notice the tach had been moved. I need to be more attentive. At least that's what my wife says since I got the bike!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
WOW I see the tach, but cant imagine reading it.
I guess after the breakin it wont matter much with the fairly hi rev limit... and the amazing torque.
I will probably ride like I drive... at the speed thats comfortable (excluding school zones) :yikes:

Sledzep

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Looks great! Like what you did with the tach. I'm going to try and fit a 300 in mine. Making a new hub to do that with. How are you doing a 280?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To be honest with you... the tach was a PITA. To the person that said they couldn't imagine reading it.... it's in the exact same line of site as before.... clear view, no obstruction.

In brief, if you remove the headlight cowl there is a large screw holding the plastic to the chrome portion of the bezel. I removed this, and replaced it with a stud... screw on one side and machine screw on the other that I fabbed up. I then removed the casing around the tach, did a fair bit of trimming and drilled a hole through the "leg" on the back of the tach. I slid the tach over the stud, bolted her down, trimmed the cover plate to fit and put her all back together. It's not too terrible... have to move a brake line, etc... and it's essentially stuffing 10 pounds of sh*t in a 5 pound bag... but... cleans up the bars a TON.

·
Registered
171 Posts
That is looking tight!

About the only mods I want to do to mine is the blinkers. I was also thinking...what about the speedometer. It is the only part of the bike that I find a bit ordinary and out of place on a $12000 bike. I am sure somebody has thought of this already. I would just like to replace the speedo with something more modern looking and easier to read. Perhaps something that tilted up towards the rider that could be pushed down flush when not in use?

Keep up the good work on that bike!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there.. where ya gonna be holding up at Myrtle Beach Bike week? I am at 350 miles cranking through to get my first service done before I head out. Hope I run into ya down there.. Would like a closer look at your bike.. Looks exactly like what I want to do to mine. Did I understand you correctly, to lower the back end, you made a new set of dog bones for the linkage ?

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hey Jason, Nice work the bike looks sweet. How did you mount the tach down low? any special mods needed to lower it ? The back looks real clean with all that license plate plastic gone. Any plan for signals?

G

·
JasonZ said:
it's essentially stuffing 10 pounds of sh*t in a 5 pound bag... but... cleans up the bars a TON.
Now that the tach is not a factor, have you considered switching to some 1.5" radius drag bars??? I think that it will look killer on your bike...

·
Registered
343 Posts
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: Now dat's what I'm talkin' about!!!!!! Great lookin sled. Could you post a pic of a full side view that's not at an angle. I'd like to see a true profile so try to take the pic at air cleaner mid-tank level. Thanks! Great Job! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts