M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the Hellcat windshield on the bike. I put it on today and will see how it rides in the morning.

I am 5' 10". This shield is 4 inches taller than the Shooter.

I will put the Demon version on tomorrow night and post pics.

·
Registered
273 Posts
That is the best looking windshield I have seen so far. Thanks for the research. :bigthumbsup: You and the rest of the 109ers are being a big help for me. :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hal..That does look really good, but if at all possible could you post some pics with it at higher elevations, my 5x fullface helmet doesn't like (I'm 5.11) direct hits from the wind. Thanks for all the work you guys put into this website :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
like the 1st. one you had on your bike shorter. i am sleeping by the door waiting hal !!!!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thats what I'm talking about. I really like how the bottom flows with the headlight cowl before it flares wider at the handlebars. Hal, get this one on your parts list, clear/solar, and I will be buying one.

I have the fast, Blurple 109 and don't want a gradient black shield slowing me down.

Thanks for all the effort! :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
EL said:
Hal..That does look really good, but if at all possible could you post some pics with it at higher elevations, my 5x fullface helmet doesn't like (I'm 5.11) direct hits from the wind. Thanks for all the work you guys put into this website :bigthumbsup:
Not sure what you mean for the photo? Tell me and I will do it tomorrow.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Awesome Hal, Thanks for the effort. I guess I know what I'll be putting on my bike... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
BTW, Hal , will you be putting those up on DirectLine? Very Interested!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I purchased a Shooter for the 109 and tested it in many different orientation.  It was noisey and the head buffetting was very bad.  I wasted $156.00 because it does not function as I thought.  I based my decision to buy the windshield on input from this forum.  Shame on me!  I am concerned that most all the input regarding windshields are base on appearance and not functionality.

Has there been any formal testing of these windscreens that would indicate what to expect as far as noise, buffetting, protection, vision, etc.  It is not prudent to purchase something based on how it looks "only".  I am looking for something that will deflect wind at speeds between 75 and 85 mph for the 109.  Any suggestions?

Comments welcome.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Nester said:
I purchased a Shooter for the 109 and tested it in many different orientation. It was noisy and the head buffetting was very bad. I wasted $156.00 because it does not function as I thought. I based my decision to buy the windshield on input from this forum. Shame on me! I am concerned that most all the input regarding windshields are base on appearance and not functionality.

Has there been any formal testing of these windscreens that would indicate what to expect as far as noise, buffetting, protection, vision, etc. It is not prudent to purchase something based on how it looks "only". I am looking for something that will deflect wind at speeds between 75 and 85 mph for the 109. Any suggestions?

Comments welcome.
I have A FJR1300 as my long distance bike..it is really interesting while riding to be able to adjust windshield height and rake to see what happens at different speeds. Even the small std windshield does a lot of work 'low with a tight rake' but wind noise with the helmet in the spoiled air is significant . The taller screen ( later model) set up 'high with minimum rake' (looks like crap) but offers almost full upper body rain protection and the helmet noise goes eerily quiet (great for bike to bike com.)
I fancy a compromise will be in order for the 109...low and pretty will be better than making it look too much like a Harley tourer..just a bit of chest loading relief at higher speeds will be good..I tend to feel like a parachute with anything other than fitting leathers on. A short screen may still be a trade off, to higher than present helmet noise.I probably wont put a windshield on my 109 but (am drawn by practicality too) I understand why someone would want one. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks allot Hal I think that is the one I will be going with the first foto tells it all. I am also 5'10" and that looks the best yet. :a18: :2cool: :2cool: :yikes: :hot: :hot: :beer3:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
That's a nice shield Hal. I don't agree that looks mean nothing,while I do agree that the shield needs to be functional with a bike that looks as good as the 109 I feel that the shield has to look like it belongs on the bike. As far as taking input from the forum, when it come to shields your height and physical makeup play a huge part in how much the shield will work for you. There is also a degree of trial and error as far as adjusting the shields rake. Anyway any idea on price for that setup Hal? and does the shield come on and off easy? Thanks Ray

1 - 20 of 63 Posts