M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody,

I know there is a lot of treads about tires

What I can't find is a picture from the back, comparing the Dunnie 250 E3 and the Metz 260. Or the Avon 250 vs Dunnie 250, or Metz 260 and the Avon 250.

I think there is a lot of members really interested in these pictures.

Myself, I'm buying a M109RZ black/orange 2011 in the coming months and want to go with a fat ass tire on a stock rim from the beginning.:2excited: Now I read all the threads about the 300/280/260/250 and so on, but seeing is believing 8)

Anybody? please send us:doorag: all the pictures you have:bigthumbsup:

Thx

Alex

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Stock 240 against the waiting to go on E-3 250 mounted on a rim

·
Registered
291 Posts
Metz 280 on stock rim.

Metz 160 on stock rim

·
Registered
427 Posts
Looking at the curve of the profile, it sure seems that the Avon is more rounded compared to the Dunlop. Should make it easier to get into a curve. I replaced the stock Dunlop with an E3 240, getting about 7,000 miles until done. Am replacing the E3 with a 240 Avon Cobra(Dennis Kirk-$180) Mileage can't be much worse, I hope. Looking forward to better handling. I am sticking to "narrow" 240 width to help in the twisties. Yes, I am aware that guys can use 300's and do real well on the curves.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
tires

I think there are a few great pictures to see here, this gives me a idear into how my bike is gonna look.

maybe any more? or any feedback on Avon compared with the Metz 260??

It looks like there is not to big of a difference between the stock Dunnie and the Metz 260, is this thru? or is there something wrong with my eyes??

Any experience here??

thx guys

Alex

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The metz 260 looks diff than the stocker for sure. Great tire love it. Sticker that the dunny 250 but less miles. Guys are happy with both. Cant go wrong

1 - 9 of 9 Posts