M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to see if anyone has a picture of a maroon 9 blacked out. I have an 08 c and can't seem to find any pictures on the internet. I would really like to see one before doing mine.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Come on biggy, you know you want to do it. Black that sweet ride out and then post some pixs for everyone to wish they had done it first.

I'm doing my exhaust first. Sideburners all blacked out, with a new dark purple-black marblizer House of Kolor paint job.

Thinking about doing the wheels a pearl black but not sure on that part yet.

What parts are you thing of blacking out? The Hyperchagers look good blacked out too.
Saw some nice looking air intake systems on ebay but not sure how the fitment would be on our bikes.
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=m1...09r+air&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

·
Registered
877 Posts
Come on biggy, you know you want to do it. Black that sweet ride out and then post some pixs for everyone to wish they had done it first.

I'm doing my exhaust first. Sideburners all blacked out, with a new dark purple-black marblizer House of Kolor paint job.

Thinking about doing the wheels a pearl black but not sure on that part yet.

What parts are you thing of blacking out? The Hyperchagers look good blacked out too.
Saw some nice looking air intake systems on ebay but not sure how the fitment would be on our bikes.
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=m1...09r+air&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313
:agree: pioneer that thing

·
Registered
85 Posts
i dont know how to post links......but if you go into advanced search and type in user drpdwgn....go to page 2.....and click on red/black 9 or something close to that, there are some pics of one! hope it helps

·
Registered
623 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know I want to black it out badly, but just was curious. A little worried about the color combo between maroon and black. Sometimes whenever you look at the maroon depending on the light it almost looks brown, I am not to fond of brown/black together. I know it is maroon but still.... Thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Where in PA are you?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I live about 10 minutes from State College

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I finally made up my mind. I am going to start the process of blacking out my bike! :D It is now down to one question.... PAINT vs. POWDER COATING??? I have both options and have done both processes on my ATV's. Just looking for opinions.

Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Wouldn't paint be easier on the tins and tank. Powered coating for wheels and other items?

I'm thinking of blacking out the wheels with a House of Kolor pearl black with a fine metal flake and then a low gloss clear. The black Sideburners I've already gotten but I'm not going to install them until I have everything else complete.

What all are you thinking of to black out?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am going to black out the wheels and exhaust for now, but whenever I get some more time I would like to either replace or paint parts on the engine to black it out. I saw some nice side covers and and other replacement covers for the engine on some websites. Just something about a blacked out bike:drool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts