M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I ride 2 up, her legs always cramp up because of how high the pegs are. Can anyone who has these, tell me if they fit on the rear, peg mounts. If so, could someone snap a picture of the mounted, so I can see the position. Thank you guys for any help!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I pm'd Hink the following info on the peg extenders.

(QUOTE) I found my rear pegs and mounting brackets in my box of goodies. The peg extenders will not work without some modifying. The mounting block on the peg extender would have to be ground down about 1/4" on one side. But, if a guy were to do that, they would work perfect and drop the passenger peg about 2".
The other problem is the Kuryakyn peg adapters. They are for Kuryakayn pegs with a single mounting post. The stock passenger pegs have a double post. Kury makes adapters that would work with the stock passenger pegs.

So I guess in a nutshell, they would work...but only with some modifying.(QUOTE)

The only other problem I can see is clearance on the exhaust side. I don't have any passenger pegs or mounts on my bike anymore, or a stock exhaust, so I can't check. Maybe someone can take a look and post up their thoughts on that.

·
Registered
448 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I pm'd Hink the following info on the peg extenders.

(QUOTE) I found my rear pegs and mounting brackets in my box of goodies. The peg extenders will not work without some modifying. The mounting block on the peg extender would have to be ground down about 1/4" on one side. But, if a guy were to do that, they would work perfect and drop the passenger peg about 2".
The other problem is the Kuryakyn peg adapters. They are for Kuryakayn pegs with a single mounting post. The stock passenger pegs have a double post. Kury makes adapters that would work with the stock passenger pegs.

So I guess in a nutshell, they would work...but only with some modifying
.(QUOTE)

The only other problem I can see is clearance on the exhaust side. I don't have any passenger pegs or mounts on my bike anymore, or a stock exhaust, so I can't check. Maybe someone can take a look and post up their thoughts on that.
Hink has the Raw Pipe so it shouldn't be a problem with him either.:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
When I ride 2 up, her legs always cramp up because of how high the pegs are. Can anyone who has these, tell me if they fit on the rear, peg mounts. If so, could someone snap a picture of the mounted, so I can see the position. Thank you guys for any help!
Any chance she can get some more practice with her legs in a cramped position?

Just trying to help... ;)

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
This is something Godzuki did a few years ago. I thought it was so cool i kept a few of his pictures. All kudos go to him, period. He fabbed up a few pieces to make extension on the rear of the bike for his wife/lady. He did a fantastic job and it seemed pretty simple if you have some skills. I think he cut up some old rear pegs to get the insert piece he welded to the back of the flat bar.

The only thing i can see wrong with this is that you might bang the sh1t out of the back of your leg should you forget they are back there at a light or walking the bike around while sitting on it.

each time I see it, I still think it was a great design.

cheers...

PS: That was phucking funny bambam!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
My wife is 5'7" and she cramps up on longer rides. I bought floorboards for her, which helped a little, but she still wanted to stretch out a little more. So I swapped the left and right passenger pegs to opposite sides. I had to mount the pegs with the lower mount bolts, drill the top hole, then fasten the top mount.

The first pic is with the lower side cover off, exposing the peg mount bolts. I leave the bolts in so I don't misplace them in the garage.

The second pis is the right peg held up to the right side. Notice the center of the peg is directly below the point on the side panel.

The last pic is the the left peg on the right side. Notice the center of the peg is a full 4 inches forward.

I apologize for the crappy cell phone pics. When I ride solo, the pegs and all come off and the side covers go on.

-Josh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.