M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took these pics at the same time and it's wild what my camera does to the image in and out of direct sunlight...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Great pix of a great looking bike , enjoyed riding by it ,looked really cool.....again some time soon!

·
Registered
686 Posts
ConnRadd said:
I took these pics at the same time and it's wild what my camera does to the image in and out of direct sunlight...
Looks like your camera's auto-exposure settings are over-compensating. I'm guessing it tool the light reading from a dark part of your bike, perhaps the tire or inside the wheel well as that is in the center of your picture. If the sensor takes the light reading on a dark area, the rest of the photo will be over-exposed like that. You might check your camera to see if there is a setting where it will take the reading on multiple parts of the photo before it takes the picture.

Still a nice angle and nice bike!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yep, he's right. You'll notice that the center for your image includes a nice chunk of black rubber. Google the term "spot meter" if you don't happen to be familiar with that aspect of photography. It will explain how your camera looks at a shot and what you can do about it. In your owner's manual check around for "metering" and "white balance". You'll be shootin like a pro in no time. :bigthumbsup:

LG

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
moto said:
i saw that silver bike, would have out ran it(black is faster) but chose to go the other way. bike looks real sharp ConnRadd.
Thanks bro.. I want to check your M out and listen to those pipes. Sound clips distort really bad. I'm ready to buy a set, but waiting. And Waiting and WAITING to see what else comes out. The Cobras look good, but want more options...

BTW: Did you do dyno before and after your current setup?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Dynoed before, (yes) and I'm waiting for the humidity to get half way back to normal so i can dyno again.May do it this Saturday at Bob Lundsford Honda on 45 and West RD. If the humidity is around 29 or 30 I'll do it Sat.Would like to do a little riding Sat. cause Tuesday I'm tearing it down, wheels and forks going too the chromer for chroming, tree's polished, front and rear brake calipers black powder coated, tank and fenders going to the shop too.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Take you camera back out in the sunlight, point the center of the viewfinder at the silver portion of the bike (not chrome), push the button half way down and hold it, re-center the viewfinder like you had it before and push the button the rest of the way down. Holding the button half way down will lock in the meter reading on many cameras.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts