M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know about the rest of you, but my tank is getting scratched like crazy just from little bumps and rubs. Found this in a local cycle accesory shop today. I'm trying it out to see if it helps. probably not everybody's style but i have a carbon fiber fetish(or so my wife says). If it's carbon fiber, I'll buy it! It blends with the paint really well. You can't even tell it's there 5' away or so.
BTW, think I sold a few more 109's while I was there. Several guys stopped to look at it. The shop owner asked questions for 15 minutes or so and another guy wanted to check it out. He had a HD on order but said he was seriously considering canceling after seeing my 109. Suzuki strikes again! The harley dude standing next to him didn't seem to happy about it though :evil:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not bad. :bigthumbsup: How did it look with the wide side towards the top? I know thats how it goes on sportbikes.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not good. I know that it's supposed to go the other way, but it fit the seat and the speedometer panel better this way.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Thats why I bought the faster silver color...I put about 7-8 coats of wax on it , still looks like the day I put it in my garage.

3m makes a clear protectant that works like an invisible bra...I may have the lower part of my tank done...you wouldn't know it was there....50.00 bucks to have it proffessionally done.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
looks good. Im have the black too. I don't have any scrathes to speak of but i ahve noticed that the paint is soft and will scratch easy...may have to try your tank panel

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have the same problem with scratches. The bottom of the tank next to the seat has got alot of surface scratches. I am looking for something like this. Thanks for the photo.

·
Registered
438 Posts
i am working on a tank protector as we speak. i make domed tank protectors all the time for the sport bike guys. this tank have a very large area to tend with. But so far i have 3 designs and all look sweet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Try Nano wax. You can get it at Wally World. It fills in the surface scratches very good. Comes in pump or spray, I use both. The spray cuts bugs and road tar really good without any residue. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I also had scratches appearing like crazy. I went to the cycle shop and bought a piece of black 3M protector that I cut to my own shape. It works great and it comes in clear and carbon fibre.

·
Registered
438 Posts
sweetblackm109r said:
I also had scratches appearing like crazy. I went to the cycle shop and bought a piece of black 3M protector that I cut to my own shape. It works great and it comes in clear and carbon fibre.
i also sell clear and carbon look vinyls.. along with many many other colors.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
thanks for the post , just got my 9, and i have noticed the belt on my jaket touches the tank , i love my paint job , so i tink i will find some clear stuff befor i mess up my baby,,, tanks bk109

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
thats funny black, I did the same thing a year ago. I found the exact same one at Cycle Gear and turned it the same way to match the tank. great minds think alike. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
ramskat said:
I have the same problem with scratches. The bottom of the tank next to the seat has got alot of surface scratches. I am looking for something like this. Thanks for the photo.
[/quotsame here

1 - 16 of 16 Posts