M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally was able to take some pics of the my new wheels. Got these on right before the Mid Atlantic meet. They were broke in on the ride from NY to VA. The 160 and 280 ride so much better than stock tires.

These are the new RC Component Striker - Twilight Series

Ended up having to change my license plate cover, so Shane hooked me up with a side mount, Hole design license plate holder, which I had powder coated. I also had the hub polished while waiting for the wheels to arrive and had the Galfer Wave rotors put on.

I thought I was done for the summer, till I saw all the bikes with LEDs at the Meet. Dang it, now I'm shopping for LED kits.

Didn't have alot of time to take the pics, so they are not as good as I wanted. I had two guys track me down in the park where I was taking the pics. One guy asked me what kind it was and he was shocked it was a Suzuki. Thought it was custom. He mentioned he recently bought a VRod. I said, I'm sorry! (Not really, but thought it)

He said he was still trying to make it look pretty. I didn't have the heart to tell him, for what I have in mine is the same amount he probably paid for his stock VRod. I guess someone has to keep Harley in business...

It's freakin' hot out there. Stay cool and ride safe...:bigthumbsup:
TJ

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
looking good gives me something to shoot for. with the blk rim the 280 tire looks even wider keep up the great work:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Your bike is one of the baddest yellow LE's on the site Bro!!!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
looks good and it was a pleasure to meet you at the meet :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Well you know I love how your bike looks. I got the powdercoated header pipes done because of your bike. I do think you have the best looking yellow 9 that I've seen. Looks good and IT NEVER ENDS so just get that through your head! :joke:

On a side note honestly with the dual front rotors and large rear rotor I wonder if it's worth the $2000 or more for custom rims when you can't hardly even see them. All I see in the front is rotors. But your rear tire on the pipe side looks nice because of the scorpion tips your got on there and the other side looks nice as well. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
On a side note honestly with the dual front rotors and large rear rotor I wonder if it's worth the $2000 or more for custom rims when you can't hardly even see them. All I see in the front is rotors
Your bike looks fantastic....no doubt.:doorag:

I do agree with GR's comment about expensive aftermarket wheels. IMHO, if you don't go with a single rotor setup on the front it is really hard to see the "style" of the wheel. That's another reason I went with the chrome stockers.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I love how you used the black and chrome together. Very different and original. And Lee Grider is right, pictures don't do it justice. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i like the way that you have used the black in places and the chrome in places. normally im a "paint it all black" type person but you have done a very nice job on that sir.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Man your bike really looks nice. I am saving up to get mine all dressed out. Even though I am still mostly stock, people stop me all the time and ask about my bike. Gotta love it!!!!!:super:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone for the compliments...

On a side note honestly with the dual front rotors and large rear rotor I wonder if it's worth the $2000 or more for custom rims when you can't hardly even see them. All I see in the front is rotors. But your rear tire on the pipe side looks nice because of the scorpion tips your got on there and the other side looks nice as well. :bigthumbsup:
I do agree with GR's comment about expensive aftermarket wheels. IMHO, if you don't go with a single rotor setup on the front it is really hard to see the "style" of the wheel. That's another reason I went with the chrome stockers.
Yes, happen to agree with you both on the overpowering of those front rotors. I liked the look of these rims, but the dual front rotors are a negative against any custom wheels.

I'm contemplating ordering a different set of wheels, if I could sell these.:D

sorry i didn't get a chance to meet you when you came too NY and worse ride down with you guys to VA..:mad:
I hear ya. I was looking forward to meeting you and seeing your bike. Hope to see you next year...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts